Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 1800 - March 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A quick TR for our recent trip to Les Arcs 1800 during the last week of March.

Three of us (Father, mother, 19 y/o daughter). We flew into and out of Geneva. Each way transfer was Euro700 (ouch - but costs have gone up).

We stayed in 1800 at @Rob@Rar's apartment. It is in the Chantel part of Arc 1800, good for three of us (more spacious than others we looked at) and conveniently located. Ski in and out. Recommended.

There had been no snow for 4 weeks or so but it did snow on the last two days. Snow on the lower slopes was slushy (afternoons) or icy (mornings). Getting up higher was essential for better snow.

We did book lessons (I was a little late - my first three suggestions were booked already) with New Generation - Mitja from Slovenia. He was excellent. He coped very well with a mixed ability group and we all felt that we had improved.

We made it to La Plagne - but only on the penultimate day when it was snowing and not that much fun. Otherwise we spent most days around 2000 and 1950.

Some excellent lunches on the mountainside with a great final lunch sitting at the bar of La Savoy in 2000. We had a very good lunch in Refuge Gourmand in 2000 a couple of days before and we ate well a couple of times at Enfants Terribles (ET) above Villandry. There is a very good visitor centre next to it (ET) with a small museum - which included a description of the Dahu!

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dahu
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@PatrickJC, glad you enjoyed the trip, and that my place worked well for your family. It was unfortunate that you didn’t have the best of snow conditions - hopefully it will be better if you visit Les Arcs again!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yes it was a strange week weatherwise. We were in La Plagne and conditions were way better in Les Arcs at the beginning of the week but when the clouds came in, they rolled into Les Arcs but pretty much left the bowl above Belle Plagne alone. Once the snow came, conditions in La Plagne were great but visibility looked poor elsewhere.

On the eating front in Les Arcs, can recommend Les Sangliers Qui Fume and Bulle Cafe (the weird grey UFO under the Arcabulle chair.)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy