Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Upcoming Avoriaz trip: ESF ski level and pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

We are headed to Avoriaz a week today. My husband and I have signed up for ESF group lessons for 2 hrs a day over 6 days. We signed up for level 2, as we are starting to turn parallel and the goal at the end of level 2 is to be turning parallel according to the ESF website.

However, we’ve only had 2 hours of lessons and done maybe 5 hours recreationally so far. So I’m wondering if we would benefit from doing level 1 and firming up on the basic foundational skills. Appreciate any advice there.

The other thing is, if we sign up for level 2, we have to buy the full pds lift pass. We’re planning on spending the afternoons playing with our daughter and maybe one person does the occasional afternoon skiing on their own. So we’re not going to have time (or the skills?) to use much of the PDS pass. Whereas if we go level 1 we can stick with the Avoriaz pass.

Don’t mind about paying more for pds, but only if folks think we could go straight into level 2 and/or that avoriaz just wouldn’t cut it for the week. Maybe lifts being closed due to ambient weather is a reason to go full
Pds so have more options in this later part of the season?

Thanks folks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Level 2 has a quite wide spread of abilities. If you are happy on most blues, I suspect you will be bored in level 1.

I don't know Avoriaz well enough to comment on the pass - but most of the web pages seem to say "for beginners"
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for the reply @skitrack. I should have been clearer about the lessons and rec skiing - they’ve been on artificial or indoor slopes. So unfortunately I’ve no idea if we are happy with most blues. We are beginners though.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the ski school will quickly find a more suitable group if you misjudged, don't worry. Most people don't know how to describe themselves when they have some but only limited ability.

I can't speak for Avoriaz, but apart the most basic beginners most instructors like to be able to choose runs beyond the local boundaries: not only is it more fun for you but it gives them the scope to ensure appropriate pistes at this time of year when some will have suffered from the spring weather.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yep perfect thanks @j_b, think we’ll go pds Eh oh!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ps That was just a normal smiley face on my phone lols
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'd say Level 2 sounds about right if you're in that snowplough/parallel transition stage.

And especially at this time of the year I'd say you'll need the full pass, as the instrutor will try to take you where the snow's best for learning onthat dday and nit just be limited to certain areas.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hahah, wong thread.. Not the Ukraine one. Sorry:D
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks @mjit have gone for pds and level 2, can’t wait!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Snow is still good in Avoriaz and PdS, was all over today and yesterday.
Get the PdS pass if you can afford it.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Brilliant thank you @Windofchange!!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Mclennr, Snowing lightly at the moment.
Due to continue for a few days.
Hopefully it will be nice by Saturday when I'm off work Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy