Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski in / ski out andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - looking ahead to next year. With two kids I try to make live easy for us with preferably ski in and out or the shortest walk possible. Looking in andorra it seems like el tarter / soldeu where I would want to base us (due to more blue runs) seems to be a long walk from the accommodation (we would want a appartment). Is that right or am I missing something?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Elsie80, I haven’t been for nearly 20 years but there are were some apartments on the main drag almost next door to the Hotel Piolets, we used to book through the now long gone Panorama ski
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I always go to El tarter as it’s quietest and I don’t want apres. Maybe now the youngest will be 14 I can change that.

Now I understand ET streets I use Booking.com map to choose the apartment. “Three streets back from the main road” actually means three levels up a steep hill! Learned that the hard way.

We recently used the Pierre et Vacances apartments right on the main road opposite the chairlift. Max 200m (probably 100m) walk from one to the other. And we hire kit from the shop right by the chair, and pay for a locker below the shop, so the 1-200m walk is in normal boots without skis or poles.

Hope that helps.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hotel Nordic in El Tarter is right on the side of the piste. We went to the Hotel Del Clos with Neilson in Jan. If you have little ones their child care is superb and ensures mum and dad have a great holiday too.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've stayed in the Hotel Himilaia in Soldeu and that was only a couple of minutes walk at most to the gondola - made easier if you keep your equipment in the lockers at the bottom of those lifts.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
There’s not a huge amount of ski in ski out anyway, but any that are seem to be hotels rather than apartments.

The Ribasol park apartments in Arinsal aren’t ski in ski out, but they are only 100m from the nearest chair lift and piste. There are some piste side apartments in Pas de la Casa too (Olimpiades would be one of them).
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In El Tarter, Hotel Del Clos is a good landmark for an easy walk. From chairlift, downhill to main road, cross, then uphill to the hotel. I’ve rented an apartment almost next to the hotel a couple of times. If you want an apartment a short walk from the lifts, not too pricey, those are about as good as you’ll get.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy