Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone knows CP helmets? Are they good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Found some to try in London, they fit well and seem ok but I hardly see this brand online and almost no reviews... Any feedback is welcome.

In general, how do helmets from different brands at a similar price point compare? Say Atomic, Bolle and CP?

Thank you!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Seen a lot of folk with them on last trip to Italy
Helmets have to comply to a standard so not much difference there between brands
If you like the fit go for them if you don't try something else.
Like boots fit is more important than brand.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cant see them being allowed to trade in the UK for long with a name like that!
CP Company will be on them like a tramp on chips.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought one last year as I wanted to try a helmet with a visor as I have wear glasses these days and don't like wearing goggles over them. It is a very good helmet in my opinion provided you can buy one suitably priced. I also bought a cover to protect the visor from scratching which has so far worked well!

My impression is that the UK stock was bought in bulk (after the distributor failed?) and they are being dripped out for sale on eBay for much less than RRP.

The only issue for me is it will be difficult/expensive to change or replace the visor if it becomes damaged. However, I now know that I really like this type of helmet and would be willing to purchase another visor helmet if necessary but probably from a more mainstream brand.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I forgot to add that my CP helmet compares well combined with the Giro and Bolle helmets that I've owned. It's a decent piece of kit.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Jaolchhu4 wrote:
I forgot to add that my CP helmet compares well combined with the Giro and Bolle helmets that I've owned. It's a decent piece of kit.

Thanks mate what model of the helmet you own?

Thank you
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have a CP Cuma helmet with Silver Mirror lens. Ideally I would prefer to have a photochromic lens but I'd have to import it from Europe as there seems to be no UK distributor and it would be cheaper to buy a new Salomon, Bolle or Head equivalent helmet.

CP helmets is made in Europe (Italy presumably given the background of the owner of the brand?).

It's a well made helmet and other than the replacement lens issue I don't think you would regret buying one if you can do so at a good price.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ok I got a CP Carachillo in the end, the only one to really fit me properly. I'm sure it'll be fine, thank for all the help
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
That’s a nice looking helmet.

Enjoy!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
My daughter skied with a CP helmet for a several of years (old range without integrated visor), Was comfortable, she was happy to wear it, conforms to all safety regs, so a good helmet.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy