Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter - Smaller family friendly resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

Does anyone have any recommendations for smaller resorts which are good for Easter? Looking at 9th April week.

Went to Montgenevre a couple of weeks ago - 3rd time and really enjoy the smaller, family friendly type of resort and lack of crowds.

Preference for France and Italy as not so keen on all day ski school in Austria for the kids - just the morning and then family ski in the afternoon.

Thank you!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The key factor with this very warm spring will be finding somewhere with good snow - most other criteria are going to assume less importance. A place like Tignes could not be described as small, but I'd say it's adequately "family friendly", there are some excellent ski schools and if you stay in Val Claret you can be whisked up to the Grand Motte glacier in no time.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As indicated by @pam w, conditions seem very warm this season.

Worthwhile considering Val Cenis and especially if you're driving as it's very easy to travel there.

All slopes are on north facing flank of valley, so decent hold on snow levels. They've good snow making on lower levels to stack extra there over season and usually have enough to last.
Great area for family skiing, decent prices all round, very food eating out too. Reach the higher most point on blue piste, big shallow bowl at that higher altitude, some good ski cross and boarder cross courses that kids really enjoy.
Nicely relaxed atmosphere of whole area to enjoy. Option of skiing other parts of Maurienne too, Bonneval sur Arc well worth a day, bus or your own car.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@lottster, Somewhere like La Tania is where I've been with the family for a fair few Easters. Usually plenty of snow and Courchevel being north facing holds it well. We even took the kids down the hill one afternoon to a local playground. Smaller village but easy access to the Trois Vallees.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@lottster, I'd echo much of the thoughts above. There hasn't been masses of snow since Christmas, and very little in the forecast for the next 10 days or so - so where ever you pick you need to be comfortable with it not seeing any more snow before you go, and still being skiable (just in case the worst does happen!).

Personally I'm off to Val Thorens on the 9th, and am grateful we chose to go high this year. As an aside, we've been to VT at Easter many times and I would never describe it as particularly busy (although I'm aware that this year may be a little different if the number of resorts with good snow is reduced).
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Went La Norma first week in April and it wasn't bad.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thank you for the suggestions - some new ones for me to explore there Smile
Planning on booking last-minute to make sure the snow is still okay at the resort. Helpful to know some lovely resorts to keep an eye on over the next couple of weeks.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not been but heard good things about Valmeinier
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy