Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easter 2022

Poster: A snowHead
Newbie Skier taking the family to La Plagne second week of UK Easter Holidays (Arrive Sat 16th April)
Is it usually busy that time of year ?
Dry slope lessons booked prior and private lessons booked once we are there but any tips / advice / recommendations would be greatly accepted!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Kevali, welcome to snowHead

Generally Easter is the quietest of the school holidays, certainly every time I have been at Easter it has been a lot quieter than Xmas/NY or Feb half-term.

However, after last 2-years of cancelled ski trips, who knows!

As for tips - enjoy yourself and don't push it too much. I assume by family you mean children, so be aware of their limitations, if needed have an afternoon off and go sledging or play in snow.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Kevali, As Boris says - dont make it all about skiing - snowball fight, sledging and anything else that gives them a break

Look for a place in a good location to store your skis - kids dont like carrying them

Give yourself plenty of time after breakfast to get ready - esp if they're really young - its very time consuming

Lunch early or late - not at the same time as everyone else - there are 2 reasons why. Queues in the restaurant and why have lunch when the slopes are empty
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you
My boys are 14 and 12 but sledging is definitely on the agenda Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Take it easy in the afternoon, it’ll be slushy and heavy going, so an increased risk of knee injuries.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
where in la plagne are you staying,@Kevali? It's late in the season for la plagne, and while you'll have a great time and the snow gods may be kind, also be aware that slopes will be softening up dramatically after lunch. So if you take @Gaz_H advice of lunching early or late, personally I'd go late and maybe call it a day afterwards to play in the snow.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Staying at Résidence Pierre & Vacances Bellecôte, La Plagne
It was a late decision, this was the only date we could go and got a good deal.
I did a little bit of research and that seemed to suggest snow would be ok higher up ?
We could only get private lessons in the afternoon. So maybe a plan to do our own thing am have a later lunch and finish off with a lesson 2 till 4
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Kevali, yes, snow will be fine higher up and you'll have an amazing time. Not unusual for it to dump down in mid April either
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Eh oh!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Instructor should hunt down the good snow for you, they’ll know a suitable north facing patch. Better than looking for it yourself.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Cheers
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Maybe a silly question but if you don't know you don't know

Do you hire sledges ?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I don’t know if you can hire sledges, but we bought bum boards. They’re cheap, fun and easily fit in a suitcase for future use.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We've acquired bum skids too. Probably cheapest sledging device you will find. Pan bit you sit on with handle you pull up between your legs. Bit like sitting on a flexible shovel!

But if the resort has dedicated a dedicated sledging course, you pay to go on it and that includes a sledge I believe (to be handed back at the bottom).
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cheers! Very Happy
ski holidays
@Kevali, a bum skid will cost about 5 euros.
ski holidays
And 14 and 12 year old boys can easily carry their own skis.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy