Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WB Epic passes and covid

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have tried a search for an an answer to this without success, so apologies if I have missed the answer.

Has anyone got experience of claiming a refund from Whistler Blackcomb/Vail Resorts for an Epic Pass that has been unused because a covid infection means the pass holder can't travel to Canada because they have a positive pre-departure PCR test?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You can travel - just after 10 days. I'd expect no refund, surely it's what your travel insurance is for. Plus you can use Epic dozens of other places.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. This Epic pass is a WB only one, so not of use elsewhere. I take your point about travelling later though, and so still being able to use the pass.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The exception is if you have the Epic Day card, which is the one where you pay $200 a day to ride.
With that, days are 100% refundable in my experience...
I tested that when they closed down for Covid in 2020, then again a few weeks ago when the crowds were
not to my liking and I decided not to ride one day.

I'd contact them to ask.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We certainly don't have the $200/day card, so no joy there.

I've emailed wbreservations so we'll see what they say, though I think I can foresee the answer.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I’d be checking your travel insurance. I got Covid less than a week before I was due to fly to Canada, and my insurance company are (hopefully!) covering the costs of rebooking flights. They were also very clear that my cancellation cover would cover me for anything I couldn’t now make because of my medical issue (accommodation, etc). Thankfully I didn’t have to lose any accommodation or lift ticket costs due to my date changes, but would have been covered if I had.

Hope it all works out for you, and Covid didn’t hit you too hard.

Ms T.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not contradicting anything else posted here, but just wanted to post links for applying
for a refund through Epic Pass arbitrator process:

Info: https://www.epicpass.com/info/epic-coverage.aspx
Input page: https://intake.sedgwick.com/u/Vail

You have this coverage as part of the original pass purchase. Only question is whether
your situation is covered. There are a list of reasons on which to make the claim when
you access the input page, and differing requirements for explaining/documenting each.

Of course this would only be for the pass itself. Any other incurred expenses would have
to be recovered through travel insurance.

As we know, Vail has had a lousy year operationally and PR-wise, so it's possible they may
be a bit more generous. If your trip was planned from Europe and can't be rescheduled,
maybe it works in your favor.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Snowshoer, good point. But essentially that's an insurance claim not a defacto refund.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy