Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nordica skis - dealer near Sallanches/Cluses/Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone

Looking for a pair of Nordica Santa Ana 93 and wondering about picking them up while we're in the Alps if I can find a stockist - Nordica's website not especially helpful as most stockists will only carry a small range and can't check what's there in advance. Anyone with local knowledge know if there are any dealers with a big ski selection which would be worth trying - we are out in our own van so can be flexible and travel.

Thanks!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@belette, Have you asked CH2O? They stock Nordica.

The only place that I know in Cluses is Ski Clinic, they only have race stuff on their website but have some recreational skis in the shop.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks, will shoot CH2O a message. We'll be coming in on the A40 so basically anywhere along the valley that isn't a massive detour is an option!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.mystore411.com/store/view/1112739392/France/Nordica-CLUSES

May be of help.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@belette, why so fussed about those skis?

I mean, loads of good things to buy ...
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Vielle (vieux? ) Campeur in Sallanches has a decent selection, couldn't tell you whether it includes Santa Anas though...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@under a new name, it's a fair point, when you don't live in the Alps it's difficult to demo skis so I'm left relying on reviews. Santa Anas seem to tick a lot of my boxes, which are:

Stable at speed for a 68kg 173cm person - ski flap is my absolute pet hate. I don't straightline pistes but when it's quiet I like to get some long fast carved turns in
Blasts through variable snow conditions and doesn't get knocked around or feel insubstantial
Works as part of a one ski quiver - in reality I probably ski 70% on piste 30% off when snow conditions suit but I want that 30% to be enjoyable

My current skis (which are very old Fischer vision zeal) have a nice surfy feel despite being ancient - I don't think I'll get anything quite the same in feel but the stability and crud blasting are absolute must haves.

Have recently tried Stockli stormriders which were nice for stability, I maybe found them a bit twitchy/grabby but also would have liked to try a slightly longer version. Could have got used to them with more time maybe.

Trying some black crows ova birdie today as the screw securing the brake on my fischers seems to have given up the ghost so new skis is becoming a necessity fairly rapidly!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@sproot thanks, skiing in combloux today so will pop down to au vieux campeur for a browse!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@belette, I would be inclined to be trying as many as I can rather than relying on reviews, which are usually a bit limited, IME.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have to say (I know somewhat irrelevantly) my Fischer RC Race Pro 175cm (yes I know they are a bit old) are excellent for not flapping at pace or getting pushed around in various snow conditions- always worth testing out Fischer skis as they seem to be pretty solid compared to most.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah I like Fischer as a brand, I think the reason my old skis have stood up to so much use is cos they were properly built.

Enjoying the black crows today, I thought they might feel a bit insubstantial as the guy gave me a length shorter than I would probably have chosen (162 when I am 173) but with radius 17 for that length they feel very nice to carve and don't seem to be getting knocked around although I haven't taken them to max speed or found any real crud yet. More fun in the bumps than my old skis, actually managed to stay in the zipper line for a bit. Not sure they would fare so well in powder but maybe I'll replace my existing 1 quiver with 2 pairs...
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@belette, If you are in Cham, I think Concept have some Nordicas, but haven't been paying much attention so no details. I think Snell had some in the window early winter.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy