Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel to France via Geneva with Teenager (15)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Apologies if this has been answered before and I sound a tad paranoid!!.
I have searched but could find the exact answer.
I am travelling to morzine tommorow with my 15 year old son from Luton via Geneva to Morzine and will transfer with Alpybus.
I am fully vacinated (3 jabs), My son has the first jab and a recovery cetificate which is on his NHS App.

I know there are no restrictions flying to Generva for under 18's if travelling with fuly vacinated adults and I know when we are in resort he can access the lifts via the pass vaccinal.
My Assumption has been France recognises the 1st jab and recovery as fully vacinated but I cannot see this directly on any official website, it references pass vaccinal rather than entry to France via the border and assumed they were the same thing.

So my queestion is when we cross from Geneva into France would he need an antigen test to get entry into france or will the 1st jab and recovery certificate suffice if asked at the border?
I can book a rapid antigen at the airport, but would rather not put this on my son last minute if I can help it
Many Thanks
David
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to SnowHeads

In general there are no 'special' covid entry requirements if you are entering France from Switzerland : https://travelcheck.admin.ch/ :
Nobody on this forum have reported having been stopped at the Swiss/France border for a 'covid' check

You could also ask Alpybus for advice..

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Sat 12-03-22 12:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ok thank you. I have already done that
Cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we did exactly this a few weeks ago - we did do an LFT with Randox for my teenager just to be 100% sure if we got stopped we had all the right paperwork. Sailed straight through the border - in chatting to the transfer driver he said he'd been stopped once all season.

It's unlikely you'll be stopped given the volume of traffic going through but I felt a £15 test with Randox was worth it just to be sure
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
From monday you actually don't even need the vaccine pass to access the lifts, bars, restaurants etc in France. Nor is mask wearing compulsory any more.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy