Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Switzerland Rules - Summary

Poster: A snowHead
For those thinking about skiing in Switzerland (particularly with teens) this season ... apologies if this has been posted in a different thread.

https://www.ge.ch/en/covid-19-restrictions-closures-and-other-measures
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I found this one helpful https://scontent-lcy1-2.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/268819235_4914989018538224_410983335545527434_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_rgb565=1&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=vpNgzeTqSVAAX_cyN1U&_nc_ht=scontent-lcy1-2.xx&oh=00_AT9kYcNGP1iSyysPf5oP1lNEuKiAWrO2HxwzCJVCSuL7Wg&oe=61E1DE6D
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does vaccinated mean 2 jabs or 3?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hd wrote:
Does vaccinated mean 2 jabs or 3?

Now that too depends... generally it's two jabs but there is a time limit of 120 days for 2G+ requirement.

inhttps://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/covid-zertifikat/covid-zertifikat-einsatz.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Skimum1, you can get a test to ‘top up’ for 2G+ if you’re over 120days but it is only valid for 24hrs.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Nadenoodlee, good point, thank you.
Am I correct it doesn’t matter even if it’s your third / booster jab, if it’s over 120 days you need a test to go swimming?!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Skimum1, you are correct.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So is it <120 days for the last shot (in my example, the booster) or the 2nd jab?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@franga, last jab. For 2G+ only.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
So is Switzerland effectively committing to jab it’s population every 120 days?!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Nadenoodlee, thank you.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Nadenoodlee wrote:
@franga, last jab. For 2G+ only.
thanks very much.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So assuming you aren’t going into nightclubs then you can have just 2 jabs and no time limit on how long since the last one? If so - Switzerland it is!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@frank20,yep come on over - make sure you have good insurance as we’re absolutely riddled with it, so an expensive quarantine may be on the cards!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
frank20 wrote:
So assuming you aren’t going into nightclubs then you can have just 2 jabs and no time limit on how long since the last one? If so - Switzerland it is!

Yes, you can access all 2G bars and restaurants with 2 jabs no matter how long ago you had them. One bar in our village is 2G+, but the vast majority are 2G.
latest report
@telford_mike, certificates are valid for 1yr
snow report
What about for border entry - 2 jabs or 3?
snow report
@hd, 2.
ski holidays
So my son who is 16, is not vaccinated but recovered (September) can get into the country now with a negative PCR but isn’t allowed into restaurants? So if we went in Feb his recovered status will have expired so he still won’t be allowed in restaurants and even if he has a jab before then it will only be a single jab and he won’t be allowed in restaurants either. So that’s us screwed then?
snow conditions
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
So my son who is 16, is not vaccinated but recovered (September) can get into the country now with a negative PCR but isn’t allowed into restaurants? So if we went in Feb his recovered status will have expired so he still won’t be allowed in restaurants and even if he has a jab before then it will only be a single jab and he won’t be allowed in restaurants either. So that’s us screwed then?

I wouldn’t sweat it. The restaurants want your business. As long as you’ve got a covid cert your kids will be fine IMO
snow conditions
@BobinCH, Think I need a little more reassurance than that if I’m about to sell a kidney to take the kids there for a week wink

I’ve got Covid at the mo (finish isolation on Thursday) and am meant to be in Verbier a week on Sunday. I’m slightly worried my pre travel pcr could still show positive even though I’m recovered - anyone got any advice on this scenario in terms of getting in? Will they accept a nice letter from Guernsey Public Health Very Happy
latest report
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
@BobinCH, Think I need a little more reassurance than that if I’m about to sell a kidney to take the kids there for a week wink

To be fair, if the kids don’t get on the restaurant list it’ll only be half a kidney.
snow report
@Guernseyfreerider, a lateral flow test would be more likely to be negative than a PCR, after having Covid. Could you take one of those instead?
snow report
@BobinCH, good point Laughing
snow report
@denfinella, We don’t do supervised LFTs in Guernsey and I haven’t got enough time to get one in UK before we fly out so it’s going to have to be PCR
snow conditions
Ok, gotcha. Best of luck.
snow report
@Guernseyfreerider, its tricky for unvaccinated UK kids. I disagree with @BobinCH, that its as free and easy as they want your $ so will skip the requirement. Particularly in busier times.
ski holidays
@Nadenoodlee, what if he has one vaccine before he goes (it would be impossible to get two anyway as there is not enough gap between recovery and two doses) does that make any difference - it’s unclear?

Also my daughter is 14 and will probably still be only single vax then too
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guernseyfreerider wrote:
@Nadenoodlee, what if he has one vaccine before he goes (it would be impossible to get two anyway as there is not enough gap between recovery and two doses) does that make any difference - it’s unclear?

Also my daughter is 14 and will probably still be only single vax then too
I think the Swiss protocols are as clear as they can be and much more transparent than those for Austria and Italy (as for France ...). My wife is skiing with our unvaccinated 14Y old (he's autistic and has a needle-phobia so we are managing this in a different way than most) in Verbier this weekend. He doesn't need a test to enter (but he will have one as it's the right thing to do) ... their hotel have confirmed that he can access all facilities including lifts freely.

But just to be clear - 16Y is the cut-off here ...
snow report
@franga, under 16 is the cut off.

@Guernseyfreerider, I think you are in a grey area as to whether your 16yr old can enter CH unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated from the UK for the purposes of tourism. Have you used the travel check website? The testing rules etc. say below 16. You would need to clarify if the entry rules (on travel check) apply to under 18s or not. Ive had a quick look and can’t see any confirmation either way.
ski holidays
Does anyone know if you can travel over to t zermatt from cervinia atm?
snow conditions
SEM still says that U18 can enter with vaxxed parents. But from 16, internal rules limit what you can do without being jabbed.

"Who can enter Switzerland? Even if you are arriving from a high-risk country, you can still enter Switzerland if you meet at least one of the following requirements:
You are under 18 and are travelling with an adult who has been fully vaccinated (parents, siblings, grandparents or other caregivers)."*
https://www.sem.admin.ch/sem/en/home/sem/aktuell/faq-einreiseverweigerung.html#-1871257744

*Assuming I have read this correctly
ski holidays
@Skimum1, super - thank you
ski holidays
Apologies, no doubt this has been answered many times before... how early can I fill in the swiss PLF? I know the italian/EU PLF can be filled in early, saved and then edited if needed. Also in the summer, when I went to croatia, there's needed the covid test reference so needed to be done within 24 hours of the flight.
ski holidays
Does Switzerland accept the COVID recovery certificate from the NHS COVID pass without the need of a test before travel?

I’m considering a late booking to the Jungfrau area but the information seems unclear.
ski holidays
@Handy Turnip, no more than 48 hours before entry

https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html
latest report
@RichardB, everyone over 16 s.t. some exceptions need a test prior to boarding and available to show on entry - see link in above post.
snow report
Thanks @ster, much appreciated. Do you know if requires you to enter details of your negative covid test? i.e. can I fill it in before I get the result?
snow conditions
@Handy Turnip, sorry haven’t yet needed to fill one in so don’t know how it works on that front. You could go in and have a look. But others have so there may be an answer already in one the various Swiss threads or someone may see your question here.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Wed 12-01-22 11:54; edited 2 times in total
snow report
@ster, thanks, that means I’ll need to start testing negative on lateral flow tests which is not happening right now, hopefully after my isolation period ends this Sunday. PCR’s are a no go for me right now.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy