Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

N90 traffic

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All,

What time does the traffic start to get a nightmare on the N90 on a Saturday (Easter)?
We’ve often waited or ski’d on the Saturday before attempting to drive out from Les Arcs so have forgotten what sort of time you need to be on the road to avoid the worst of it.
Would leaving resort 7-7:30 be early enough?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi @ish303, I found this site https://savoie-route.fr/ a while ago which shows the current traffic and roadworks status in the area. You could try watching the traffic at the same time of day over the weeks before to get a general impression of the traffic. We were travelling back to Chambery airport at 1/2 term week and it was very slow going from Chambery towards Albertville at 9am ish.

Are you talking about 7-7:30 am or pm?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you found the N90 a nightmare at Easter? I wouldn't have thought it would be too bad. But on those busy new year and half term transfer days, I'd want to be out of resort by 0630 am. Or - much better because you can have a quiet day's skiing on the Saturday - 5 pm (when you will smugly pass huge queues coming up the way).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I use this site. Enter the date you're interested in and then scroll backwards and forwards in time to try and work out how bad it's likely to get. It's only for the motorways, but if the A430 is chokka then there are going to be problems at the normal pinch points (Tunnel du Saix)

https://www.autoroutes.fr/en/traffic-forecast.htm
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stopped doing transfers a few years ago, but Easter is nothing like half term.
If Easter is late and the weather is nice, people head down to the Cote d'Azure instead of the mountains.
Many of the lower linked resorts will be shutting up shop and the high resorts at about 50% capacity.
You have far fewer weather related road issues (such as half term snowmageddon) and by and large it's a nice time to drive around in the mountains, with temperatures down in the valley often being 20 degrees.
In fact on many occasions when doing Easter transfers from GVA to Tarantaise resorts, customers remarked on how busy the Plage Imperial in Annecy was as we turned left to go down through Talloires.
BSM can be busier than a Saturday in May, but the N90 was never a problem at Easter when I was driving.
If you're worried ( I wouldn't be ) do as @pam w says and ski for the day, and leave later.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A few Easter’s ago we sat with the engine off on the N90 in ridiculous traffic, similarly we didn’t think it would be bad. Maybe we were unlucky…
Need to make a call of either getting out v early to miss it or skiing that Saturday and leaving later on.
In know which one I’d rather do, but under pressure to go for lunch in Geneva.
Last time we set off 8:30ish am, got to Geneva 2pm!!

Will have a look at those websites to see what to expect.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Formula i advise is when leaving resorts be out albertville before 0700 (so leave resort depending on which one accordingly) and when coming in to the valley be through moutiers / Bourg by 1000 OR leave resorts AFTER 1700
or arrive into the valley after 2000 - rough approximations. Yes Easter is way better than feb that’s for sure
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

under pressure to go for lunch in Geneva

Good Lord. So many better places......
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, But, maybe it's a matter of "....who must be obeyed..."?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd ski all day and have dinner in Geneva (or where ever).

Bad enough getting out the apartment for 9/10 mind about 7 in the morning.

Years ago we have left without skiing on the Saturday for reasons that need not be specified. And I don't recall any issues. We generally ski Christmas week and Easter (loosely).

This year we did Feb HT but we arrived in resort mid-morning (a few glitches but not bad) and skied the second Saturday (no issues but big queues coming in) - and the weather was kind.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy