Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Grave & Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Going to La Grave in a week and was wondering what the deal is with the lift passes. I've heard rumours that they cover Les Deux Alpes as well which would be nice as if it's only for the 3 La Grave lifts, it's massively expensive. I've not been able to find any confirmation for this though. Also, how easy is it to get between the two resorts on skis?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
20 minute walk from Girose over the top to 2Alpes. The pass doesn't include 2Alpes, but you get a reduced rate on a day pass - present yourself at the main ticket office with your La Grave pass.

A 2Alpes pass for six days or more includes daily access to La Grave as long as the link between the two is open, which it is on weekdays (except public holidays), weather permitting.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
el nombre, The lifts at la grave are a little bit different. You are paying for the terrain really. Given how often the hill doesn't open at all I'm not sure I'd buy anything other than daily passes. I'm not really sure why if the weather was enough for you to get from LG to LDA you would want to.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I'm not really sure why if the weather was enough for you to get from LG to LDA you would want to.

To get home after skiing the Col de la Lauze?

Also some stuff in L2A tracks a lot slower than much of LG so it can be a good bet if it hasn't snowed in a while.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swirly, I wouldn't bank on that for next week, to be honest. Off piste conditions not the best we've ever seen at the moment.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yeah i realise it's not really just the lifts that the pass costs cover, was just wondering really. Also, stoatsbrother, I'm assuming La Grave isn't the sort of place to have a decent park and LDA has a particularly good one so if we feel so obliged, we may head over for that. Just going to see what happens. We can drive elsewhere if the conditions suck.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
el nombre, La Grave's website seems to be under the impression that 2Alpes is included, but my all-you-need-to-know book for cashiers appears to suggest otherwise. Puzzled I'll check tomorrow.

I went up to La Grave this morning - snow conditions in the upper areas looked excellent but it was seriously icy below midstation, and I didn't see anyone skiing below P1.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last Friday, (not yesterday, the Friday before), we were at La Grave and the link to Les 2 Alpes was not open. We paid, as we had Serre Che passes. 2 others, who were there and had Les 2 Alpes passes, paid too, as the lady said they needed to. But before they could put their La Grave passes through the slot, the barrier picked up their 2 Alpes passes - and opened automatically!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizzard, yeah but it's a general reason why you might want to use the L2A system when skiing LG. We only skied the Lauze from the L2A system but then as that was where we were living we would, this included sticking a thumb out to get a tow from the cat driver after we'd already started to trek over it was quite nice to hitch a lift at 3500 m. Mines was another LG route we did from L2A but seeing people disappear down there scares the pisteurs Laughing

Also, for general info, the road head at the mouth of the Vallon de la Selle is only 100 m lower than P1 but the slopes do face south (and SE) which means they may soften up a bit. Usual caveats apply.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
maggi, that's interesting you used to have to show the L2A pass and get given a LG one although they also used to do this happily even if the link was shut just not weekends and holidays. The link did have to have been open at some point previous that season too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The link didn't open until last Tuesday. I also swiped my season pass at the turnstile, though the powers that be at 2Alpes clearly aren't aware that you can do this because I was told to show it at the sales desk to get a ticket for the telecabin. They have just installed the Skidata system this year, and it means that next year La Grave pass holders will be able to ski 2Alpes without the faff of going to the ticket office for a magnetic card as their passes will be recognised by our machines.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ok, just for clarification, the la grave pass does cover Les Deux Alpes but as they have the electronic system you need to go pick up a new pass at the bottom before you can get on anymore lifts. Not entirely sure what the deal is with using a deux alpes pass in La Grave though.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
La Grave passes for one day or more include 2Alpes. Go to the main ticket office (not the smaller offices - they can't do it) for a magnetic day pass card.

2Alpes passes for six days or more include access to La Grave via snowcat link or by road on days when the link is open (ie weekdays except bank holidays, weather permitting). Your pass should work on their spangly new Skidata system the same as it does in 2Alpes. However, I hear from various sources that the lift office at La Grave can be a bit slack in these matters and if you drive round on a day when the link isn't actually open they're quite likely to give you a ticket anyway. I wouldn't try this in peak season though.

2Alpes passes for five days or less don't include La Grave, and if you want to ski there you need to buy an extension pass for 13€ at any of the ticket offices in 2Alpes.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Guys I'm in Les 2 alpes now and wondering about getting aguuide to la grave for a day.
Cant find much help online.
Any advice?
J
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jicjoc, Try European Ski School if you want to join a group, quite inexpensive for a day. They do ski at a fair lick though. ESF do something similar too. I think they probably stick to the more well known and used routes.

For a guide the guides office is in the same building as the ESF and Tourist Office next to the Jandri Express.
snow report
el nombre wrote:
......... I'm assuming La Grave isn't the sort of place to have a decent park.........

Shocked

As it sounds you have a car, and maybe if you are snowboarders (?) then I'd just buy day tickets dependent on conditions.

You do have the resort of Chazelet on the South facing slopes of La Grave, up the back, and with good snow can be really good up there, and does not get tracked out.

LDA is an obvious option, but something else for you to think about it, for the time it takes to drive there LDA you could also drive to Serre Chevalier as well!

If you are snowboarders then at the moment you'd find the traverses to P1 really hard Toofy Grin

But hopefully snow that is forecast back end of the week will make conditions better, but the traverses are hard on a board*

*have boarded LG for many a week but have seen the light (got older)
snow report
bumping this to see if anyone knows what the situation is re La Grave and LDA lift ticket? Is it included on a 6 day pass?
latest report
@iainm, I wouldn't bother with skiing La Grave apart from the glacier as it's in pretty terrible condition.

I heard this only four hours ago from a group of Brit ski-tourers I met in the Galibier sector today who skied there yesterday, plus been chatting with a guide who is based in LG and he's not bothering taking clients up there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy