Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

“Last minute” Easter trip via Geneva - headache?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I’d given up on some Euro snow this season, but with Covid rules being relaxed it looks like a week could be snuck in.

Family is 2x adults full vaccinated and boosted and two kids 13/15 unvaccinated.

The plan would be fly into Geneva then head high the second week in April. Possibly Val Thorens or Les Arc depending on snow.

Are the entry requirements for Switzerland/Geneva mapping directly to France, or do differences remain? I assume transiting through the airport isn’t a concern.

The only way this works practically (I’m not going to have the kids testing every day when there!) is for the current restrictions on unvaccinated 12-16 year olds being removed entirely on the 14th March as planned. Is that guaranteed to be happening - or do you recommend holding off until then to book? Flights and accommodation can be changed/refunded but looks like good availability right now anyway.

Appreciate any input from those that have travelled this route or are planning similar.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you considered a Swiss high-altitude resort? My understanding is that anyone under 18 can currently (6.3.22) enter Switzerland if travelling with a fully-vaccinated parent, as stated in the Gov.UK advice for Travel to Switzerland:

"Unvaccinated children and adolescents arriving from the UK under the age of 18 are allowed to enter Switzerland if they are accompanied by fully vaccinated adults. This exemption only applies in a familial context."

From the state Secretariat for Migration website:

"Who can enter Switzerland? Even if you are arriving from a high-risk country, you can still enter Switzerland if you meet at least one of the following requirements: ....... You are under 18 and are travelling with an adult who has been fully vaccinated (parents, siblings, grandparents or other caregivers). ....... Please note that the airlines themselves decide on the conditions on which they carry passengers."

and from the Federal Office of Public Health website:

"Entry form - Currently you do not have to fill out an entry form for entry to Switzerland. ..... Since there are currently no countries or areas on this list, until further notice people arriving can enter Switzerland without an entry form. Test - Currently you do not have to present a negative test result to enter Switzerland."

My only caveat is that you need to check for yourself what the Gov.UK, FOPH and SSM pages say, in detail, as there are details like the length of time allowed since the last vaccination or booster etc. And, of course, what applies today could change tomorrow.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 7-03-22 17:01; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think it's very unlikely the current proposal to remove the requirements for the pass vaccinal from 14/03 would be cancelled. The first round of the Presidential elections is in April and that would be extremely unpopular with the voters!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
During half term in France, my son and I were never asked to show a health pass in the ski resort, though we did get asked on a trip earlier in the year.

It seems the French have given up on it already. It's officially scrapped next Monday, and by Easter they probably won't even remember what it is.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy