Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any updates on potential Gatwick delays

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I know we have a similar thread on Manchester airport but just wondered if anyone had any experience of Gatwick over the past few days.

We're off on Saturday for our flying to Geneva from Gatwick North - and apparently my wife is getting lots of reports from work colleagues and friends about delays. Not sure if this is just people reading the news and making assumptions or whether it's based in reality. We normally arrive at the airport 3 hours before our flight which I think should be plenty of time, but also don't want to be caught unawares (and get the old 'I told you so' Laughing )
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So many BA and easyJet flights have been cancelled that the whole place should be deserted!! And to think we all thought going on holiday was going to get LESS stressful!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Handy Turnip, do check you booking with EasyJet and make sure your return hasn't been cancelled!

Although suspect more flights being Geneva
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I flew out early Friday am from LGW. Looong queue to get into security (didn't do bag drop so no idea) but moved pretty quickly and was through in about 15 mins. Very empty on arrivals Monday pm (but then EJ had cancelled 100 flights that day) - no lines for passports and baggage straight thru.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Same, flying from Gatwick on saturday to Geneva. You're kind of stuffed that they only open bag drop 2hrs before flight. I suppose we could get there earlier and in the "possible" queue before 2hrs and anticipate the bag drop is open by time you get to the desk? Im hoping most covid absences were past 2 weeks and they've got some sort of handle on it now. Most reports is that Gatwick queues are not in the realm of the Manchester or Heathrow ones, but who knows! I think @pam w is right that they're now cancelling a load before time, the problems is the airport doesn't know whos not gonna turn up for work until that morning/ night before, when staff wake up and take a covid test I guess!!?
Ive booked gatwick security fast track for £5 each but that could just be a waste of money
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Geneva for EasyJet allowed bag drop 3hrs before flight at half term, although outbound from Bournemouth was still only 2hrs but then they only 3 or 4 flights out on a Saturday full stop
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Cheers all - yes, @pam w, yes I had the same thought!

We'll turn up 3 hours before and hope things are relatively clear (I find they normally let you drop your bags early) - if we need to do the fast track then we'll do it, but happy to queue 15mins in security if we have too.

I'd rather have to queue than have the flights cancelled so I won't be complaining too much about the odd queue!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its funny how the mindset can change. Our return flight from Geneva was quite significantly delayed, but given pretty much every BA fligt was showing cancelled, I was just happy it was still flying. In previous years I would have felt quite stressed....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

Ive booked gatwick security fast track for £5 each but that could just be a waste of money

A nice little earner for the owners but I doubt the boots on the ground would see much of that.

A good way to incentivize mismanaging resources to make the queues longer and more folks pay the fee - NHS management model?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Relative said it was chaos on Saturday 2nd at Gatwick - not so much with security but delayed for 10 hours.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Gatwick empty this morning. Through bag drop and security in 30mins. Obviously may get much busier later in day.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My sister was on the 7am Munich flight from Gatwick. She found queues long but moving. Good news flight radar reports their plane departed, and got a text she was on board. Yay
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yep, just came thru check etc in at Gatwick and all currently calm and chaos-free.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We found Gatwick (outbound) OK this last Thursday, 7 April, late morn/midday ish.
Re security, a generous relative booked 'premium' for our group. Not only was there no queue, the staff were very polite and helpful.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy