Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Meribel Alpina lift staff strike 2 March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Radio R' Meribel have issued notification of strike action taking place on the lifts in the Meribel Alpina (ie valley areas below Meribel-Mottaret) section tomorrow.

Strike / Strike Alpina - March 2, 2022

Client movement in the Méribel Centre ski area will be severely disrupted.
The Business Continuation Plan foresees that :
- It will be possible to reach the Méribel Mottaret ski area from 8.45am by the Legends chairlift and the Tougnète 1 gondola.
- It will be possible to reach Courchevel and Méribel Mottaret from 9am by the Saulire 1 and 2 gondola.
- the l'Olympe, Golf and Morel lifts will allow you to reach Méribel Centre from Brides-les-bains and les Allues, Méribel Village and the Morel plateau on their usual schedule.
The Vallée de Méribel ski passes will be valid in all the 3 Vallées on this day (it will not be necessary to go back to the sales point).
The slopes in the heart of the domain will be opened progressively to limit the saturation of the Chaudanne plateau during the 9.30-11.30am slot.
Avoid taking Trout in the morning to join Méribel Centre from Mottaret

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good grief! As if French skiing hasn’t been disrupted enough these last few years rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Send an email and ask for compensation or a refund for this preventable situation. contact@meribel-alpina.com

You really can't pay people peanuts while filthy rich people drink 10k EUR bottles of champagne in ridiculous Bogner outfits and think things will be fine for long. I am sure Meribel Alpina got plenty of government support during Covid, things seem better than ever here with new shiny lifts and 18 EUR parking and yet the employees seem more sad than ever. I bet most here make less per hour than it costs to park for the day. Being valued less than a parking spot would make me upset as well. If I notice the sad faces on the employees, then certainly management does, but obviously they choose to ignore the obvious based on the stopped lift I am looking at right now.

I don't agree with strikes or support mob rule, but the simple answer is, pay them more and take less profits!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For all complaints, please use the following link:

https://www.ticketoski.fr/en/meribel
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It still goes on today. Gigantic lines and many closed areas/lifts with everyone forced onto a single piste in some VERY congested areas make it VERY dangerous and not enjoyable to ski, so we are at home AGAIN. Will you Meribel Alpina finally pay more money to the employees on strike when someone gets injured or killed, or just when you start to lose business?

Please stop this preventable strike immediately before someone gets hurt or worse!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My understanding from our instructor today was that at least part of the problem is in relation to concessionary passes for employees and locals, due to a benefit in kind tax liability applied to the company.

We went over to La Tania and Le Praz and it was most pleasant and not particularly crowded, though there were a few lunatic speedy skiers around.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
What are the lifts like today?
I hope it will be all over by the time I arrive on Saturday!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I noticed earlier that many of the Meribel lifts were showing as 'closed' today on the Three Valleys website, for what seems like day three of strike action. Does anyone know if there's a fixed duration to the strikes or just a case of "We'll keep striking till whenever...." We're flying out tomorrow night, so fingers crossed that things can be resolved!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
My first day skiing is tomorrow too.

Looks more promising today. The map is showing more than 95% of the lifts open
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Does anyone on the ground know if this has been resolved yet?

Off to Meribel tomorrow and hoping it has been

Thanks
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy