Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sauze d'Oulx snow condition - mid/end March

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know what the snow condition is like in Sauze d’Oulx in mid March? Or anyone who has been recently and can comment on their current snow condition?

I originally booked to Cervinia via Crystal Ski. Found out yesterday by pure coincidence that they’ve moved me to Sauze d’Oulx, but didn’t even bother to tell me. Still waiting for someone to call me and let me what’s going on, but got to prepare myself on Sauze d’Oulx in case if this is the only option.

I have checked their recent snow report - bottom 25cm and top 50cm, which is a lot less than Cervinia. Is this amount of snow considered too little for decent ski? Weather forecast does see snow for a few days in mid March. Is it worth risking it? Any advice would be appreciated!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have no recent information, but Sauzeonline is a good source of info : their latest snow report is dated 25 feb

http://youtube.com/v/T1BsoDtXoFc

You are not the only one moved from Cervinia to Sauze without any explanation from Crystal!

===== edit ===

Found the thread for you

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4937609&highlight=crystal#4937609
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It will be skiable but mainly artificial snow I reckon, looking a the snow report seems to confirm that, with a few piste closures where there isn't cannon cover. That said cannon cover is generally decent.

shame as the Via Lattea is a good destination, but not if there isn't any snow. back to Crystal to suggest alternatives or refund so you can DIY somewhere maybe...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We went Easter 2013 so first week of April and it was fantastic. Two big dumps in the week and glorious sunshine. Sunbathing on the bar terrace in the evening.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Heather2021, I was in Sauze with Crystal in mid jan up to the 23rd, on piste cover was fine if a little hard in places with a few icy patches showing. It was very quiet when I was there so not all lifts were running mid week, and a few pistes are closed, they were concentrating ( and were very good) on keeping the links open to the other areas of the MW. I went over to Sestriere most days as the sunlight was better there, it will be different in mid March of course.
Do you know which hotel they have moved you to? I was in the Gran Baita and thought it was lovely, not too big, good atmosphere, good food for breakfast and evening meal with plenty of choice and portion size, breakfast and evening salad buffet varied and topped up as soon as anything ran low, plus really nice staff and a brilliant manager who went out of her way to make sure everything was right.
Would I go again, yes I’m an on piste skier.
Top tip get a locker for skis at the base of the Clotes lift, €20 for the week and saves having to walk in boots etc daily.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thank you all for your kind advice. Much appreciated! I’ve decided to cancel my Crystal booking and book my own trip to Cervinia. At least there was no quibble on giving the refund…phew.

Sauze d’Oulx seems like a nice resort too, I’ll bear in mind for another year, perhaps January or February.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Heather2021, Did Crystal give you any explanation for the change of resort??
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We're in Sestriere right now and went to Sauze yesterday. Enough snow but you can easily yet to Sansicario too which was better i thought. The Crystal reps here say best conditions are in Mont Genevre. Hth
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy