Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Valloire

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Why dont i know anything about Valloire

and what should i know?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Because most British skiers only know about a handful of French resorts. But Valloire has been discussed a lot in Snowheads - do a search. We did a family holiday, cousins and friends, in adjoining Valmeinier, years ago, with snowcoach. I really don't remember a lot about Valloire, but we all enjoyed it. The kids, all competent skiers had a ball with other kids from the chalet - God knows what they got up to, finding themselves stuck down in the bushes in snowy gullies etc etc - but they all survived even though most of the gang were yomping round on snowblades.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hobbiteater wrote:
Why dont i know anything about Valloire

and what should i know?

A) I don't know. The search function has a bunch of stuff about it.
B) See A.

In all seriousness, it's well worth considering, but it's mostly a French ski station. Last time we went (2018?), it was rather affordable. The town is great, lots of eating-out options. Beware your location, as there are at least 4 ways to get up the mountain from town. If you are not within bootpacking/walking distance you may be at the mercy of a crowded ski bus. The skiing is not as extensive as the map might have you believe, but definitely good for a solid week if you get some fresh snow. if driving, know that you have to get up the Telegraphe col first, then a slight dip into Valloire. The weather was atrocious when we went and thankfully had chained up at the base of the Telegraphe.

We'd definitely go back.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Valloire & Valmenir make up the ski area.
Each has it's own mountain & a shared mountain (Crey de Quart).
Valloire has some villages a little strung out (les clots & les verneys) - so 3x different ways to get to the valloire mountain (Setaz) & 1 main gondola in the town to get to the shared mountain. Buses link from the town to the village, so not that bad - unless you miss last bus!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thanks guys,

BTW i have searched
a) in the first 3 pages of search results there isnt really a thread about it - just mentions in other threads
2) I would rather ask for up to date opinions, i prefer this as an interactive forum rather than a wikipedia....
iii) the bible that is skiresort.info says lots of recent development

so thanks for any tips or info.

Being French is fine, being quiet is fine.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hobbiteater wrote:
thanks guys,

BTW i have searched
a) in the first 3 pages of search results there isnt really a thread about it - just mentions in other threads
2) I would rather ask for up to date opinions, i prefer this as an interactive forum rather than a wikipedia....
iii) the bible that is skiresort.info says lots of recent development

so thanks for any tips or info.

Being French is fine, being quiet is fine.

Ah, sorry, didn't mean to bag on you. Try this: Go to "Advanced search" and search Valloire by thread title.

I don't think many people have been ANYWHERE for the past 2 years. But here's a link to my TR from a few years ago:

https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=3157317&highlight=valloire#3157317
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm off to Valmeinier next week (whoo hoo) and will be able to give you some more info then. We've gone with Snowtrex and are driving ourselves and it is very good value
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Pasigal, thanks for your TR, apartment sounded awesome

@Poshprop, enjoy!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It was my last ski trip before pandemic.
2x new red runs over Valmeiner side & a new lift on Crey de Quart from my previous trip the year before!
Nice burger Hut in the square behind the buildings opposite the main gondola/ESF
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
https://lamanufacturemeretmontagne.com/en/portfolio/chalet-letagne-valloire/

Stayed here a couple of times.
Fantastic chalet. Reliant on the bus though or its a slog up hill…. Made easier if fuelled on alcohol.
Good thing is, that Carrefour will run you ‘home’ if you shop there & not be bus reliant.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy