Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Chemmy's Dumpster Challenge Completed!

Poster: A snowHead
Saw the following on twitter this afternoon:

So I thought I would respond, because I was sitting around sneezing and not achieving anything useful, also I live close to Salford Quays.

Obviously a person of her stature would have someone to do this at her beck and call, from the BBC or Media City ...... but i got this reply

She had been staying in a flat at Salford Quays while covering the Winter Olympics and had left some personal stuff when she moved out. My mission would be to try to find some very important items that had been put in a bin bag.

My chance to be Bin Diver to the Stars! Off in the Hoobmobile with @astrol, by now I had phone contact with Chemmy and we were receiving directions and door codes from the four time olympian herself who sounds just as charming in real life.

Clue number one, the most likely location of the bag would be.......in the bin store, down the main corridor, past the lift and on the right according to the Ski Sunday presenter. Here we were greeted by a room containing twelve of the largest US style dumpsters all overflowing with black bin bags.

At this point contact with Chemmy was lost as she had an important meeting (probably with the IOC, Claire Balding or other royalty) so contact was made with her PA who took over directions.

The suspect bins were identified and we started a methodical search, as we got deep into the sixth bin @astrol found a bag that fitted the description and an exchange of photos confirmed we had struck gold (unlike Team GB)

Cheers all round for a sucessful mission.

We are now available for other Mission Impossible type tasks.

Does anyone else have any tails of Celebrity ski rubbish rummaging or is this a first for Snowheads
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
old knickers?
You could have auctioned them to Snowheads members and told Clammy you didn't find anything.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@davidof, Thank you , best giggle I’ve had all day Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@davidof, Missed out on millions once again Sad
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
So you raided an address in Salford Quays and removed personal items, following directions from someone you've never met, who may or may not be ChemmyAlcott Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Wish I had seen this I'm only 5 hours drive away....
Congratulations on finding it @Seahoob. Do you get a reward?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Looking forward to see how this progresses. I'm sure the bag will soon be on eBay and Chemmy will be bidding against a whole host of snowheads desperate to know what was in the bag.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Seahoob, Expect a post of the celebrity picture of you handing over bin bag to Chemmy. You will have to be suitably dressed of course - how about ski goggles, gas mask and white forensic suit Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh, and snowHead buff as well Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
JudgeMent4l wrote:
So you raided an address in Salford Quays and removed personal items, following directions from someone you've never met, who may or may not be ChemmyAlcott Puzzled

Surely not. There are never any scams in Twitter. They have these fancy algorithms.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@JudgeMent4l, But she's on the telly and I now class her as a close personal friend.

You don't think I've been catfished or whatever it's called?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@ster, She has a Twitter BLUE TICK obvsiously the real thing! And she sounded just like she does on the telly.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Seahoob, nice one, I'm sure it'll work out fine Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Out of interest, if it was Graham Bell asking, how many female snowHeads would’ve gone to such lengths?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Seahoob, did she really call you a bieng? And what does that even mean?
ski holidays
Another fine addition to the @Seahoob book of anecdotes! Did the bag contain Graham Bell's head?

#bemorerick
latest report
@Seahoob, checks out the contents of the bag...

http://youtube.com/v/wk5pO06BdSk
snow conditions
AL9000 wrote:
Out of interest, if it was Graham Bell asking, how many female snowHeads would’ve gone to such lengths?

Having had the ‘pleasure’ of sitting next to Mr Bell & a group of hangers on a couple of years ago one night in a hotel in Pila, I’d definitely be giving it a pass rolling eyes
ski holidays
@Seahoob, what a great story!
snow conditions
@adithorp, I don't even need to see that clip. I remember it from he 1980s and still cringe.

Please don't get too rude here, I mentioned to Chemmy that I would post about it on Snowheads, so she may be looking, she also said she knew @admin !
snow report
@ousekjarr, Its a spelling mistake, we don't all have PHDs in English literature like you.

"And what does that even mean?" have a guess rolling eyes
snow report
Seahoob wrote:
@ster, She has a Twitter BLUE TICK obvsiously the real thing! And she sounded just like she does on the telly.

My mate has one of those, and all he was doing was writing sports articles for the Somerset Gazette at the time! Laughing

I did see Chemmy's tweet at the time and wonder what it was about, and there we go, now we have an idea! A fun afternoon for you!
ski holidays
@Seahoob, it's a joke, lighten up. Maybe you need to spend more time digging through bin bags to see if you can find a sense of perspective? (and yes, that's said tongue in cheek as well, just in case you misunderstand)
snow report
@Seahoob, sounds like an interesting way to pass the time, is this the first celebrity bin diving you've done or are you a pro?

Just wish I knew sooner that you offered a lost and found service, could have come in handy.
ski holidays
So what was it in the bin, The Zoids lucky unwashed beanie? An original operators manual for Lindsey Vonn?
Or does telling us violate client/dumpster confidentiality?
snow report
Seahoob wrote:
@adithorp, I don't even need to see that clip. I remember it from he 1980s and still cringe.

Please don't get too rude here, I mentioned to Chemmy that I would post about it on Snowheads, so she may be looking, she also said she knew @admin !

Me, lower the tone? Surely not!
ski holidays
@JailBaitMcFlude, Thinking of offering my services to The Mail and Sun.

Sorry I was not in buisness at the time of "The Incident", but thinking of setting up an international division. Probably starting in Gressonay in a couple of weeks time.
snow report
@adithorp, astrol laughing out loud to Young Ones clip, so you're forgiven
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
ski holidays
ski holidays
One day I'll work out how to use this site Embarassed
latest report
"Ski Binday"
latest report
Seahoob wrote:
The suspect bins were identified and we started a methodical search, as we got deep into the sixth bin @astrol found a bag that fitted the description and an exchange of photos confirmed we had struck gold

Does this mean you tore open the bin bags in five other dumpsters belonging to other apartment dwellers before finding it? I can see why Chemmys PA would have turned down this exciting assignment!

Find anything else interesting?
latest report
@dazman, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
@ster, The plan was a gental prod / squeeze of each bag to see if they felt like clothing. Luckily there was an empty bin so we adopted a prod, squeeze and hurl into the next bin routine.
The appartments were in a posh bit of Salford ( Toofy Grin ), so the quality of the bin bags was high. I only suffered one slight bag failure resulting in a light shower of coffee grounds, astrol appeared to be teflon coated.

Find anything else interesting?

No, but it would be a good location for bin diving, I think the BBC use the place for their staff, you may get to spot some celebraties. I can let you have the address and door code for a small fee.
latest report
@Richard_Sideways, Client dumpster confidentiality violations prohibit any discussion of the topic.

The latest news is the goods have been dispatched to Chemmyville

I feel proud that I have helped improve relationships between Snowheads and the Hon President of Ski Club of GB. She's a better ambassador then Gerry/@Hamilton Academical IMHO.
latest report
@Seahoob, Maybe Admin could wheel you out to glad-hand VIP's now you have increased your social currency.

"Hello, I'm Seahoob, holder of the golden ticket, wearer of the nice wooly jumper, ex-fireperson and handler of Chemmy's bags. Do you know the surnames of Chas and Dave?" Cool
ski holidays
Quote:

I'm Seahoob, holder of the golden ticket…

Shocked

If that’s the case, she should be asking for his autograph!
latest report
Seahoob wrote:

You can say that again! Very Happy
snow report
@Klamm Franzer, Great idea! Sort of snowheads royalty......
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy