Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Avoriaz last week of the season?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Desperately trying to squeeze in a final long weekend in the mountains from 21-24th April (only dates that work) and wondering if anyone has any experience of the final few days in Avoriaz? We’ve been a fair few times at Easter (1st or 2nd week in April) but never this late, there has always seemed to be plenty open when we were there (even in 2017 which was a really bad snow year) so assuming should be ok….

We could go a little further afield (from Geneva) if required but a lot more hassle, cost and reduces skiing time a bit.

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think we did the closing weekend a few times. I mean, you'll probably get what you'd normally expect, late starts - early ish finishes - rosé fuelled long lunches - what's not to like?

Leave booking till late in case snow disappears quicker than usual - but they were skiing Arare in July last year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Leave booking till late

This. If you have cheap air fares, maybe be prepared to go to Tignes, or even spend a few days round Lake Annecy. Which would be very pleasant.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've not done late but I have done opening week, both in good and bad years and provided you go in with the right mindset both early and late are great.

You can be 99% certain SOMETHING will be open and skiable, the question is how much (in Dec. 2016 when the Pleney was still green both the Avoriaz and Fornet bowls were open, with my lunch costing more than my lift pass each day). But the less that's open, the less you get charged for your lift pass (so in this case DON'T buy online but when you arrive) and the fewer people will both to make the journey. So commit to first lift/ski through lunch/back on the balcony by 3pm wearing shorts and with a glass of rose in your hand and hope you luck out with a huge dump of fresh stuff.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Last day of the season in Avoriaz is always a blast.
Normally warm and sunny and there's the end of season party Chez Flo (Live bands and DJ sets).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
When I did the last week it was great. The snow can get a bit slow in odd places, and the run down to Prodains turns into a bit of a paddling pool late on wink but like others have said - you can crack open a chilled bottle of Vino and just enjoy the sunshine. Its also fairly quiet and has that awesome laid back end of the season vibe to it.
After typing this I may have convinced myself to pencil something in for myself!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Sun, Slush and afternoon moguls everywhere. My favourite time of year.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@doddsie, exactly, what's not to like?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sold. Thanks all. I’ll book flights now but looks like there is decent enough cover at the moment so hopefully stays that way.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Will Morzine still be busy that week (the town as appreciate the slopes will be closed)? A lot of chalet companies seem to finish up the week before. Thinking of staying in Morzine, on prodains bus route, but somewhere we can walk into town for drinks and eating out. Accommodation in avoriaz seems to be pretty limited to studio apartments…?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Things in Morzine town will deffo start winding down the last week/weekend.
There will still be ‘most’ bars and restaurants open but some will start to close/wind down that last week of the season.
It’s normally a great week with a fab vibe in town and on the slopes.
The lift pass is a discounted rate as only a certain amount of the ski area will be opens
Most of Avoriaz and the runs over to pre la joux and Linga part of Chatel will be open but all of Morzine/Les Gets/Champossin/Morgins will be closed (and I think Les Crossets closes on 17th but not sure).
Even though the ski area is ‘limited’ that week I find it great fun as the slopes are very quiet.
Stay in accom on either the ‘A’ bus to Prodains or the ‘M’ bud to Ardent (via Montriond) - I’ve checked the bud time table and both run up until the 24th.
Loads of options on AirBnB for apartments within a 10/15 min walk into town.
For info, ‘Shared’ transfers might be limited the last weekend. Skiidy or Getaway vans are best options for those or hire a car.
Have a blast. I used to live in Morzine and am going the last week of the season with the Mrs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy