Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best Courchevel (1850) ski schools for level-changing kids?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all - we're off to courchevel 1850 in the easter hols with the kids (age 10 and 7) and need to book ski school for them.

Been burned by one experience, at another resort, where we went with a 'nice indie doing small groups' in that there was waaaay too much variance in ability within the group, but nowhere to move them to... it didn't really work (at least not for us)... so now prefer the bigger ski schools with millions of kids to shuffle up / down the levels until everyone is with a good gang at the same level. Done that a couple of times now and it's been great. No kids struggling/panicking, but no kids looking bored, either!

Who are the big players in 1850, who teach the most kids (and also aren't shy to move them around in their levels)?

Or is it really just ESF? Never actually done ESF (I know!!) - any thoughts on the one at 1850? Are there likely to be enough English-speaking kids in the classes (don't have to actually be English - my 10 year old made great pals with a Dutch girl on her last trip!).....

Any other schools to consider?

Thanks in advance! Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there and welcome to snowHeads snowHead

There are some good options re ski schools, but the one we used for our kids (a while ago now), was Supreme Ski. They were excellent.

Others to consider:

New Generation
Oxygen
Sweet Snow Sports
BASS
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks so much! Will def check out Supreme Ski - they've not even been on my radar so that's great to know!

Oxygene we've used before, in another resort (and they were very good) but the team in Courchevel had already warned me they may not be running a group with the right level for my eldest (age 10, has done 4 weeks, skis blues/reds happily, plus easy blacks).... I'll call them though to see if things have changed.

And New Gen we've also used before (again, another resort) - brilliant instructors but not enough kids or groups, which meant there was too much 'range' of abilities in each group for my liking.... but I see from their website that they were founded in courchevel so maybe if it's their flagship it'll be a more flexible set-up.

Any other tip-offs gratefully received!

Thanks all! Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My kids learned to ski with Oxygene in 1850, a few years ago now. I would be utterly amazed if they didn't cater for a 10 year old with 4 weeks who skis blues/reds easily. I reckon that describes about 50% of their clientelle during school hols.

They took my 12 year old down the Grande Couloir, which I was surprised about but he seemed happy!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If BASS will definitely have a group at the right level, I reckon that would be a good place to start.

We had v good lessons with New Gen - but that was years ago, and adults. Hubby and I were in different groups - and actually in different parts of Courchevel, though that wasn't a big problem. Could be more of a difficulty with the family, though.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all - I rang around most of the above, really liked all of them, but based on availability and logistics went with (drumroll please) New Gen.

They have a sprinkling of spaces left in their kids classes so if you’re going to be there w/c 3/4 April, pls join us - more the merrier!

I’ve also been snooping around the snowHeads forums for tips on places to eat lunch with the kids in 1850 that won’t require us to remortgage the house, so think we’re all set! 36 sleeps and counting…
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not many places to eat with kids left in 1850

Prends ta luge in the forum would be my out of the way tip.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
If you go into the forum shopping centre you can get baguettes etc at the bakery, there is also a burger bar in the ski shop.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I used the ESF school at 1800 a few years ago, I had a lovely lady who probably gave me the best lessons I've ever had, I was very lucky though with a group of 3 who all spoke English.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thank you for the information. I read about so many schools.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy