Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Finally Smoking Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It's been one of the worst snow droughts that many can remember here in Serre Chevalier, that said, pistes have held up really well, but the off-piste has been dire!

So we had circa 25cms overnight and we were very excited, I opted to go with my rock hoppers as I knew we'd been going through to the rocks and tree stumps, and I was not too disappointed as in the third run I hit something and lost my ski for what seemed an eternity with me thinking I might well have to walk out minus one ski, but patience paid off and I found it about three meters below where hit the obstacle.

Wind's became very strong and lifts were starting to close and we kept trying to ski fresh untracked and stay clear of the many people doing the same.

In the end, we had to resort to a hike to get away from them and it was stupidly windy along the ridge but at least it was a tailwind, and it really made the turns look dramatic with the snow hanging in the air and then being blown horizontal.

So was not too bad a birthday for @irbis, along with @KenX,

http://youtube.com/v/aob3hOpqpSQ

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 15-02-22 15:33; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Haha, great to see Irbis getting some powder on his birthday!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Terrific, powder plumes make it!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Beautiful
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Very nice
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Yeah, it was a very decent birthday present indeed.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Excellent.

And the Rando Chiens must be fairly porky from lack of chasing....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@valais2, poor "old" Rando Chiens have been taking a back-seat/rest with the current snow conditions.

Kiki is now too old to go the distance with a complicated snow-pack and the distances we're having to do to get to the snow, and it's a similar story for Beanie as she can't cope with heavy wind affected snow, hopefully, and if, we ever get any Spring Snow she'll be back out.

In the meantime, Ullr is coming into his own, though he's making the ultimate sacrifice to the Snow-Gods next week......snip, snip Laughing

This was yesterday Cool

http://youtube.com/v/SK4dqxIJuB0
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Weathercam, that’s a big and happy dog. Still cuts the turns, just like the terriers (when they braved the deep rather than following your tracks). I do wonder what’s going through their heads when they are following….

‘Can you stop going left and right when you humans could just go down the hill properly….’

‘Nearly got you….nearly got you….nearly got you….’

‘When’s lunch?’
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy