Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyJet didn't unload gear!

Poster: A snowHead
Sorry if this is a totally inappropriate use of the forum, but here goes..

My sisters in Morzine, first holiday in donkeys years and she's on her own for the first time and she does not do forums (or really, grasp how to use the internet beyond ebay, at all)...

She landed in Geneva, easyJet flight at 9pm yesterday (19th) and after waiting around for hours it seems that they didn't unload anyones bags or skis. She eventually had to leave on the transfer bus to Morzine, with easyJet promising faithfully they'd deliver gear the next day...

Surprise surprise, no gear, a message saying she could COLLECT it.. hahaha to which she said 'no, you said deliver, so deliver'... and since then, nothing.

So really - seeking a responsible adult advice here (haha!) as to whats best as she's getting nowhere with anyone. Is she best off hiring/buying and trying to get easyJet to cough up or she should sit tight in her increasingly stinky pants, is there any chance they will actually deliver before she has to turn around and come home (two week holiday)...

Is anyone else here from that flight, did you get your stuff, who did you shout at to achieve that?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Worth checking travel insurance to see if they would cover hire costs if can't be reclaimed from EJ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Or see if travel insurance would cover going to Geneva to collect the bags, could get there and back in an evening.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here is a guide: https://thepointsguy.com/guide/lost-delayed-luggage/

According to this guide - "One of the most important things to include in your claim is your local address. Do not offer or agree to return to the airport to retrieve your bags. Even if the agent claims it will be on the next flight and asks you to wait in the airport, politely but firmly decline that suggestion. If your bag hasn’t arrived with you, the airline’s baggage office (or contract agency) is now responsible for getting it to you and should be willing to cover the cost of a courier to do so."

Any time my luggage has been delayed, the Airline has delivered it. I have always assumed it is an obligation.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Easyjet's own rules:

https://www.easyjet.com/en/help/baggage/damaged-delayed-or-lost-luggage

Independent advice:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/holiday-cancellations-and-compensation/get-airline-compensation-for-lost-or-delayed-luggage/
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Cheers folks ill pass all that on Smile Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Also get your sister to search for "Montreal convention" and "delayed baggage" for some ideas of what airline's responsibilities are (or are supposed to be).

I do wonder whether easyJet and BA will try and use this weekend's storms as a way of weasling out of these though, claiming it was out of their control.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'll google that.. chances of her googling anything on her phone are nil!

My current hope is that the answer was 'its sunday' and fingers x she'll get them today!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Did Easyjet give her a PIR? If so, try looking it up on Worldtracer - search Easyjet Worldtracer luggage. It'll ask for a reference (maybe something like GVAXS12345) and her surname. If they did NOT give her a PIR then it might be a matter of speaking to Easyjet Customer Relations or whatever complaints dept is called. They'll want her booking locator and the bag tag numbers.
Good luck.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jebroni3_16 wrote:
Also get your sister to search for "Montreal convention" and "delayed baggage" for some ideas of what airline's responsibilities are (or are supposed to be).

The Citizen's Advice link above gives a summary of this in simple terms.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We are at our chalet in Morzine ATM , Happy to lend her ski gear if she still needs it?
cheers,Bob
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have to say that BA have only lost my gear on the way back but every time they deliver to me.

If easyJet are asking you to get it and also in their TS and C's say only £25/day and max £75 then this is a reason to go with someone like BA rather than EZY.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I am a fan of EasyJet in general, but this is one area where their service is terrible. And often in breach of relevant conventions. Their standard approach seems to be exactly as has happened here, where they ask you to return to the airport to collect the bag. Against my better judgement I have ended up doing this a couple of times, as they were offering delivery in 5-7 days otherwise. Best advice is to ensure you have very good insurance that will cover the cost of buying/hiring gear in the case where your bag is delayed. And being willing to sue EasyJet directly, I initiated proceedings and was then not surprisingly refunded all costs for collecting the bags including my time.

I actually think this issue is ripe for a super complaint, maybe getting Which involved would be a good idea. A good start would be if others here could relay specific experiences. I am happy to collate. It really annoys me that an otherwise well-run airline chooses to try and dodge regulations and conventions, and deliberately passes the buck to the outsourced baggage handling company with which it agrees and SLA that is wholly inadequate.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
My list of airlines that haven't carried my bag on the plane I flew on is:

British Airways, twice, bag delivered next day each time
Air France, once, delivered next day
Lufthansa, once, delivered 3 days later.

I thought the airline was obligated to then deleliver your luggage to you. Then cannot expect you to return to the airport and collect.

Just in case my bags get delayed I always carry onto the plane: all drugs, all chagers and adaptors, spare pants and until recently a spare shirt.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
poor thing, that's a nightmare, I hope she was able to find some gear and her trip was not destroyed

Sorry if I don't have any positive input on how to resolve it, I think I would be too busy trying to exact revenge on all and sundry
snow conditions
You guys are so helpful!

She seems to be having a good time so far, last she messaged me she was out at a club getting pished (like skiing, something she hasn't done in a while!) Haven't caught up with her yet today, she's there for a fortnight so hopefully... fingers x!
snow conditions
johnE wrote:
My list of airlines that haven't carried my bag on the plane I flew on is:

British Airways, twice, bag delivered next day each time
Air France, once, delivered next day
Lufthansa, once, delivered 3 days later.

I thought the airline was obligated to then deleliver your luggage to you. Then cannot expect you to return to the airport and collect.

Just in case my bags get delayed I always carry onto the plane: all drugs, all chagers and adaptors, spare pants and until recently a spare shirt.

Yes the airline is obligated to deliver your luggage to you. The requirement is a bit lose though, with words like "reasonable" and as soon as practicable. How EasyJet manage this is with a cheap SLA with a baggage handling company that has for example 5-7 day windows for delivery. They know fine well that most holiday makers cannot wait that long, so they know they will save the cost of delivery from the many who will return to the airport to pick up the bag. I had this happen when a friend came to visit us, her bag did not arrive with her plane. Easyjet found it and it arrived at Edinburgh airport the next day. EasyJet refused to deal with me, stating the process is outsources and Menzies were responsible. Menzies said it would be 5-7 days to deliver to our address (and hour from the airport), I know some execs there and it really was not their fault that is the SLA that EasyJet paid for. I ended up collecting the bag myself. EasyJet refused to refund any costs, until my lawyer formulated a demand letter followed by commencing proceedings. My costs and recompense for my time were more than they would have paid to send the bag in a taxi. But that is how they do it.
latest report
Mm.. situation update - still no gear, easyjet and airport saying she's welcome to collect but no one else could collect for her - she's sayin no, you deliver - easyjets email is bouncing back undelivered 'inbox full'.. ffs!
latest report
@Emmabeth, Do they want her to collect because the bags haven't cleared customs?
snow conditions
@Emmabeth, try johanlundgren@easyjet.com and one of is minions might deal with it
snow conditions
I don't think that's the issue @rjs but I will check! Thanks @holidayloverxx
snow conditions
Just an idea, but I wonder if the reason no ones bags or skis were unloaded, might be that they weren't loaded in the first place?
I gather airlines sometimes deliberately leave most or all of the luggage to a later flight, in order to make room for more lucrative urgent commercial cargo.
This happened to me once on a Vueling flight from Florence to Gatwick. The aircrew chose not to tell passengers, it was left to a gatwick baggage handler to tell people that "none of the bags made it onto the plane".
I subsequently read about a court case in which BA's excuse was that it was within their terms and conditions to do this.
snow conditions
That did cross my mind but they've told her twice she can collect from Geneva... I know airlines do some silly things but .. would they really risk folk coming back to the airport to find their stuff ISN'T there after all?

Latest update - she's hired skis and rediscovered the joys of skiing with a hangover, bwahaha.
ski holidays
A tangential thought (of no help to the OP)...Crystal use EJ out of Belfast to Geneva....I wonder if having a Crystal Rep on the case for any lost luggage would make a difference?
latest report
@Old Fartbag, do they still have reps? Thought it was just a call centre nowadays.
snow report
telford_mike wrote:
@Old Fartbag, do they still have reps? Thought it was just a call centre nowadays.

Presumably there will be Resort Reps who could take up the issue - or are they gone as well?

Last time I went (Pre Pandemic) - there were Airport Reps and Resort Reps.....just not on the the Transfer.
ski holidays
Argh, she's back on messenger to me..

Now when she puts her details into the online thingy, she's getting no response, as in 'we don't recognise those details' - it looks like they have CLOSED her claim based on them saying she can collect from Geneva. She bloody can't, its a whole day job and thats before taking into account the cost..
latest report
Emmabeth wrote:
Argh, she's back on messenger to me..

Now when she puts her details into the online thingy, she's getting no response, as in 'we don't recognise those details' - it looks like they have CLOSED her claim based on them saying she can collect from Geneva. She bloody can't, its a whole day job and thats before taking into account the cost..

Is it possible that they closed the claim as they've sent it out to you? A long shot I know.

There must be somebody they can actually speak to.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
There was an article on the BBC website today saying BA couldn't load/unload bags because they couldn't operate scissor lifts and airside vehicles in the high winds. I'd imagine Easyjet will have had the same problems.
snow conditions
Just actually talked to her instead of messaging - yes I did wonder if they've closed it as her stuff has been sent out.. mm, fingers x as she's got some meds in her bag she really needs!

She's tried calling but she gets a message 'all our lines are busy, try later, bye'.. which is spectacularly helpful!

Anyway she has hired skis and boots, borrowed spares and miscellaneous bits and she's off out for a punk/rock night but no beer, she over did that last night!
ski holidays
telford_mike wrote:

Varies from resort to resort - My recent Crystal holiday had Airport/Bus/Resort reps. Flaine in '20 was just Airport and Resort rep
ski holidays
Old Fartbag wrote:
telford_mike wrote:

Presumably there will be Resort Reps who could take up the issue - or are they gone as well?

Last time I went (Pre Pandemic) - there were Airport Reps and Resort Reps.....just not on the the Transfer.

We used to have Crystal resort reps here, but not for the past couple of seasons. Inghams still seem to have them, but not Crystal.
ski holidays
UPDATE:

Thanks for your help folks. Two things occurred today, they probably aren't linked but... [url=]https://www.facebook.com/yoomanbeanz/photos/a.180409986171923/939750660237848/[/url] (no idea if that works, I haven't used a forum for almost as long as I haven't skied!)

And a courier appeared this evening (9pm ish) with her bags!
snow conditions
Emmabeth wrote:
UPDATE:

Result!
ski holidays
Emmabeth wrote:
UPDATE:

Thanks for your help folks. Two things occurred today, they probably aren't linked but... https://www.facebook.com/yoomanbeanz/photos/a.180409986171923/939750660237848 (no idea if that works, I haven't used a forum for almost as long as I haven't skied!)

Fixed the link for Ya..!
snow conditions
Thanks!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy