Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Knock knees making skiing miserable and painful. Please help!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi everyone. I’m new here but stumbled across the site in desperation looking for solutions for knock knee’d skiers. If you don’t have this problem, you might think I’m mad or exaggerating. If you do have it, you know exactly how rubbish it is. It’s become so bad for me now that I don’t know if I can keep skiing unless I find a solution, which would break my heart tbh.
I love skiing. Love it. Have done since I was really little, it gives me so much joy. But I have really badly inverted knees which have always frustrated my technique and it’s gotten so much worse the last ten years. I am now almost too scared to ski anymore, since I’m so likely to have a tumble and I’ve had countless knee injuries as a result of the misalignment. I live in London and usually ski in Courchevel or Verbier. Does anyone know who I could go to for help with boot alignment, ski adjustment, anything else at all…. THANK YOU!!! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh! Eh oh!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there and welcome.

If possible, I would go here: https://www.solutions4feet.com/services/skier-alignment
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Jcat28, have you considered boarding, a mono ski, or even a snow bike?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not really tbh, as I’ve skied all my life and love it so much. The idea of giving up completely and starting something new at 40 seems pretty unappealing. I have heard that there are things that can be done with boot alignment, ski adjustment etc. that I want to learn more about and try. But I don’t know anything about any of it really, nor where to get expert help. If all that fails, maybe I’d take up boarding just to stay on the mountain.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Old Fartbag wrote:
Hi there and welcome.

If possible, I would go here: https://www.solutions4feet.com/services/skier-alignment

Thank you so much, will check them out!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Solutions for feet will either be able to help you - or let you know that they can't. Absolutely the right place to start.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Right, thank you, on it! Have emailed them. Fingers crossed.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jcat28 wrote:
Not really tbh, as I’ve skied all my life and love it so much. The idea of giving up completely and starting something new at 40 seems pretty unappealing. I have heard that there are things that can be done with boot alignment, ski adjustment etc. that I want to learn more about and try. But I don’t know anything about any of it really, nor where to get expert help. If all that fails, maybe I’d take up boarding just to stay on the mountain.

40? I'm 57 and am off for a Snowboard learn in a day session at Chill Factore in a few weeks as the knee I trashed in an accident 5 years ago has decided it doesn't like skiing anymore!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Haha, well that’s positive!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just going to add to the recommendation for solutions4feet. In my experience (feet going numb), Colin sent me away without boots but with a programme of exercise to try first. Absolute opposite of the hard sell and he seems to be truely dedicated to helping people like us find a solution to get us back to skiing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I would be very knock kneed if I didn't have alignment changes to my boots. There is a fair bit that a good bootfitter can do.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Have a visit to one of the forum's "zookeeper"? (don't remember the particular username, but it's the forum's recognized best boot fitter.

rjs wrote:
I would be very knock kneed if I didn't have alignment changes to my boots. There is a fair bit that a good bootfitter can do.

I'm knocked kneed. And I suffer from it half of my life (you're only 40? How about me at 50?). But a chance encounter with a ski boot fitter at a ski clinic, had me on the road to happy knees (and hips, back too). Let alone happy skiing!

After a pretty comprehensive boot fitting process, which it was explained to me what my problem is and how it's being fixed, my skiing improved significantly. Further more, once understood, I apply the same principle and made similar (albeit simpler) modification to my hill walking boots, cross country skiing boots, cycling shoes, and probably most importantly, my daily runabout shoes. As a result, the various mild but annoying knee/hip ache and pain disappeared. And I was able to do a lot more sport activities much better without feeling knackered, which I now realized was muscle fatigue when my body "automatically" compensate for my knocked knee.

While knocked knee itself can't be fixed, modification in the boots/shoes will allow you to deal with it better.

For me? I'm very glad I ski. Or I would have never met the boot fitter. And never would have stumbled upon the solution which now allow me to run, hike and skate.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@abc this is an AWESOME story, thanks for the inspiration. I’m booked to see Colin at solutions4feet (thanks everyone for the recommendation) in a few weeks. For now I’m gonna put more ice in my knee and dream about what it would feel like skiing with properly aligned boots… Eh oh!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Jcat28,
Are you genuinely knock kneed for your whole adult life or are you developing it because of osteoarthritis ( probably not if you are under 50). In which case getting an X-ray could shed some light in it as if outer Orr of knee wears you become knock kneed. Most people who appear knock kneed have that appearance because they let the knee fall in during skiing. That can be help d with strengthening muscles to counteract that tendency. The solution will depend on the cause but agree boot review may be helpful.
Jonathan Bell
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks Jonathan. Sadly it’s been lifelong and as gotten worse over the years. They’re now properly inverted, the left more than the right.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy