Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling solo Chamonix

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys

I had/have a trip to Chamonix booked tomorrow for myself and 7 friends. Over the last few weeks one by one friends have dropped out. The remaining two have dropped out today and now Im doubting
if I should still travel myself.

Do any of you go/have been on solo ski trips? Do you find it enjoyable?

All aspects of the trip are paid for and non-refundable inc private transfer from Geneva to Cham and I now find myself with three rooms in La Folie Douce for the week. Was thinking of asking if they will
exchange two of the rooms for bar/restaurant/spa credit....if not, does anyone want a room in La Folie Douce for a week? Laughing
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
When!?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
NewSkiingDad, Had to do a solo trip ( well didnt have to ) SWMBO broke her ankle,we cancelled the first trip and even though it had healed she still couldnt fly. So I rebooked a trip went on my own for two weeks to the States. Had a good time, met folks in bars and on chairlifts, felt wierd the first night or so eating out, but overall a good trip. It will depend on yourself, and only you will can say.

Still keep in touch with some of the folks I met, and now we always have a room in Jackson we can use Toofy Grin Been back a number of times since Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@NewSkiingDad, Hopefully you went on the trip anyway!

I go on ski trips solo all the time. I'd rather ski with friends, but it's very difficult to organise, especially since most of my trips are last minute when the snow is good.

Sometimes it can be a bit boring/lonely especially in the evenings, but overall it's always worth it. I usually do solo Alps trips around 3-4 days skiing at a time rather than a whole week.

Similarly, I happily go on road biking/bike packing trips on my own in the summer too.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I did my first solo trip to Chamonix in Dec19 *(the last time i managed a trip anywhere ).
I didn't regret it. I took some books to read for the evenings, but during the late afternoon having a beer&coffee in the village there was plenty of people watching to do as the sun set. Chamonix is particularly good to watch those that are there to be seen, rather than there to ski (but still insist on looking like they MIGHT have been skiing Smile Smile Smile
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy