Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just arrived in Ardent by avoriaz with 2 Teens

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, We have just arrived in Ardent - by Avoriaz via Geneva airport from Birmingham with Jet2. Just wanted to let you know how we got on, as I have been ghosting this page for weeks trying to work out what we needed.
Background is - My children are 12 and 14, we managed to get them both double jabbed on the 13th of jan, my youngest being only 11 weeks between jabs - took to walk in. 5 days later (18th) applied for the NHS letter for both, they arrived Saturday morning. I am really glad these came as we have already been asked 4 times for them
Make sure you leave plenty of time at airport, we hadn’t completed the France entry form- of which I had to do 4 times at the desk- checked every Lateral flow test - every swiss entry form, every covid pass and then the France entry forms- after checks we had no time at all ( even tho we had 2 hrs before gate closing when we arrived . )
You really need to get the NHS letter with QR code - as we wouldn’t have been able to buy the ski passes or enter the bar today.
Checked covid pass and nhs letters at the border at Geneva- but nothing else.
Can’t wait to ski tomorrow
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks for the update, sounds like a hell of a day! We're flying out on Friday, and trying to plan ahead...

Who was checking your French entry forms and LFTs (and why?) for a flight to Switzerland?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@KSonthesnow,

who did you fly with and what French forms.

We are just back from Geneva (stayed in Samoens) and didn't have to provide any France related info.

Key info in Geneva was;

- passport
- Swiss PLF
- LFT
- Vaccination info

Many people didn't seem to have done the PLF, or didn't have it readily to hand leading to delays.

That said I think we were through in about 10/15 minutes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I thought the Swiss rules changed regarding PLF's on 22nd Jan? Have I missed something?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My guess is that @e17phil flew out before the rule change give that they've just returned - my understanding is that the PLF is still a requirement but the LFT isn't since the 22nd.

But I was mainly confused as to why forms for France were required for a flight to Switzerland, and who they were requested by - are the airlines looking at the PLF, seeing that it says 'Transiting' and then doing the French border's work for them?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I came back to PdS on Wednesday via GVA, but BA only seemed to care about where they were flying me to (Switzerland) so nobody asked about the French forms.
From their perspective as long as they don't have to re-patriate passengers they're fine, your onward travel is not their responsibility.
Was the Jet2 flight part of a package?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Following.

By "France entry form" - do you mean the Sworn Declaration?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry we are staying in Ardent - France, so Jet2 wanted us to do a France entry form for every person - which took such a long time at the airport desk.
The snow is brilliant here in Avoriaz. Just stopped for lunch and now going to get dragged to the snow park
No one checking anything at any lifts, and masks being worn if you want to
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Assume the need for the PLF was due to being a packaged holiday then. Shouldn't need one if flying into Geneva and transiting to France independently, I'll only need the sworn declaration if checked.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Roscoe, My thoughts too.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I just returned from Pds flying to Geneva from Heathrow with BA - BA were only interested in following the swiss rules meaning LFT + swiss PLF. Swiss passport control also wanted to see both on arrival. We didnt bother with the french declaration as chance of being checked is very low crossing the border.

In resort we always had to show our vaccine pass on buying lift pass and most restaurants. In Morzine and Les Gets they were also checking vaccine passes at the bottom lift stations so make sure your phone is charged or you have a paper copy with you.

Side note - yesterday (Sunday) BA organised 4 flights back to london within an hour of each other. Geneva checkin and passport control was total chaos and couldnt cope so most flights ended up being delayed ! If you are travelling with BA at the weekend, leave plenty of time getting through GVA !

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 24-01-22 14:36; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
melandnick wrote:
I just returned from Pds flying to Geneva with Heathrow - BA were only interested in following the swiss rules meaning LFT + swiss PLF. Swiss passport control also wanted to see everything on arrival. We didnt bother with the french declaration as chance of being checked is very low crossing the border.

In resort we always had to show our vaccine pass on buying lift pass and most restaurants. In Morzine and Les Gets they were also checking passes at the bottom lift stations so make sure your phone is charged or you have a paper copy with you.

Was this the standard NHS covid app or did you have to download one of the 'Pass Sanitaire' apps??
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Roscoe wrote:
melandnick wrote:
I just returned from Pds flying to Geneva with Heathrow - BA were only interested in following the swiss rules meaning LFT + swiss PLF. Swiss passport control also wanted to see everything on arrival. We didnt bother with the french declaration as chance of being checked is very low crossing the border.

In resort we always had to show our vaccine pass on buying lift pass and most restaurants. In Morzine and Les Gets they were also checking passes at the bottom lift stations so make sure your phone is charged or you have a paper copy with you.

Was this the standard NHS covid app or did you have to download one of the 'Pass Sanitaire' apps??

I used the NHS one. I downloaded the 3rd (booster) QR code into my Iphone 'wallet' to have it offline - was accepted everywhere. I tried to use a hard copy once but it was so scrunched up and bent it didnt work.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
melandnick wrote:
Roscoe wrote:
melandnick wrote:

I used the NHS one. I downloaded the 3rd (booster) QR code into my Iphone 'wallet' to have it offline - was accepted everywhere. I tried to use a hard copy once but it was so scrunched up and bent it didnt work.

Brilliant, thanks for clarifying. Off to Morzine (via Geneva, travelling non-package) in March, so if current French restrictions continue as is, all I'll need to do is print and sign the declaration (will unlikely to be needed) and complete the swiss PLF prior to my flight. Happy days!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Interesting feed. I’m off on the 19th to France with a 12 and 24 year old. Both have had first jab. But came down with Covid in January. Now both recovered. But can’t have 2nd jab due to recovery status.
Downloaded the Covid NHS app on their phones to try and get the proof Covid recovery. Didn’t work at all for 12 year old as it says needs to be 13 due to data privacy.
For the 14 year old had to scan her passport on the app. Now says it’s considering the information. Crying or Very sad Anyone else have a similar experience? Don’t know where I need to test in resort now each day
ski holidays
@Butch_Norton, the 12 year old needs to set up an online account - not an app. They will need their passport and an email account not associated with a previous nhs account. Search ‘nhs COVID pass online 12 year old’. My son has done it and we have the qr code and all sorted. It is easy to do.
latest report
Thank you!!
snow conditions
@Butch_Norton, my pleasure.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy