Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Eurotunnel covid ticketing

Poster: A snowHead
An FYI for anyone in the same boat...

I booked a Standard ticket June 2019 to travel December 2020 and then amended the booking to March 2021.

A standard ticket has a one year expiry but I called today saying for obvious reasons I wouldn't be able to travel in March and would be higher unlikely to be able to use if by June, again for obvious Covid reasons.

They are going to cancel and send me a voucher for the full amount to be used in the future.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Layne, I called them a couple of weeks ago, and was told to call them again nearer to my new departure date which is now 24th June, 1 year after I made the booking. It's a Tesco voucher booking so I'm not too hopeful, but who knows?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@Hells Bells, mine was a Tesco booking too.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Hells Bells, I've re-arranged our half term trip on a Tesco voucher, they initially told me I had to use the ticket by July 2021 (a year after I'd booked the crossing), but I called back a couple of weeks later and they offered me a voucher instead which was valid for one year from the date of the booked crossing, so as long as my new booking was made before February 2022 it would be valid for the original amount.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We got a voucher back in April 2020. Valid for a year. Called last week and tey extended it for a year. Jolly decent of them for a non refundable ticket I think.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Interesting... I had a ticket booked for August 20, moved to Dec 20, moved to Feb 21. Valid for 12 Months from original booking date of June 20 and they refused me a voucher. Wouldn't even extend it to this summer.

Ended up having to claim the cost back on travel insurance.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@pdsguy, that's weird as you should at the very least have been able to move the travel date to June 21.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Hells_Bells - Correct. They would have moved it to June but I couldn't do anything with it in that time frame. Limited by school holidays.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
great help thank you, as previously they would only let me bounce from Dec & feb to July & Sept which was no use at all....but now a voucher valid for 12 months from now
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Got my voucher yesterday so took about 24 hours to be received
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Layne, thanks for this. Will try it for the ticket booked in Jan 20 for SfAb, then shifted to this HT and then again to this Easter but that's not going to happen and was told it would be void from July 21 - like @pdsguy, limited by school holidays so not able to use in those time frames. I will try them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I did mine on livechat this morning and have had the voucher emailed within 1 hour
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
great service to be fair......now if only they could do the same with their on board toilets.

They are probably the worst I ve ever used
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Contacted them this morning and they've now offered me a voucher instead and will refund the pet supplements to my bank card.
@stefoy4me, I've only ever needed to use the loos twice in many journeys. The ones in the double deck carriages are better than the single deck ones, but only just. I usually just cross my legs and use the ones at the petrol station after we get off the train.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
5 mins on online chat with them initially saying no but then changing their mind when I said I couldn't use the original ticket in the time frame and within half an hour a voucher landed in my email that will cover next season! Thank you again @Layne.
ski holidays
Our credit from March 2020 was extended as soon as we asked - seems to be a pattern emerging from Eurotunnel... Smile
ski holidays
@always29, yes, I've already received the voucher too. Happy.
snow report
I couldn't use mine by June this year so I claimed it back on my travel insurance a while ago, less £50 excess. I wish I'd held on now...
ski holidays
Bet Eurotunnel are cursing snowHead today!!
snow report
I kept rescheduling our 2020 tickets forward, but since they expired on May 2021, I called Eurotunnel and they've given us a voucher. Which is nice. A year to book and a further year to reschedule. TBH if I can't book a trip in the next 12 months then there are probably worse things to worry about.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 12-03-21 16:18; edited 1 time in total
snow report
When we booked for Easter back in Nov, they had introduced a new ticket type of refundable, so chose that. Rang them to cancel last week and money returned to card no issues
snow conditions
@Boris, yeah but costs ££££
ski holidays
I couldn't book a refundable one with my Tesco voucher.
latest report
Just checked my frequent traveller wallet - showing 4 tickets still available and expiry 30/07/2021. That is a year extension to the original. I might be able to use one pair by then and will try for a further deferral.

All in all feel I’ve been reasonably treated so far.
ski holidays
@Layne, not much - it was an extra £40 for my ticket over standard - and as I've got the money back it was IMO worth it. The new Standard Refundable is a good middle ground between standard and the expensive flexi-plus

@Hells Bells, that's a pain - much as I love a freebie in current circumstances I like being able to cancel at no cost
snow report
DJL wrote:
Just checked my frequent traveller wallet - showing 4 tickets still available and expiry 30/07/2021. That is a year extension to the original. I might be able to use one pair by then and will try for a further deferral.

I have six (I think) left from the original purchase that expired in Oct 2020 but now extended to Oct 2021. Seems unlikely we will use all 6 by then, but I might be lucky Laughing , so hoping they are going to do the decent thing and extend them again.
snow report
I wanted to buy another 10 flexi frequent traveller tickets for my account, and they have suspended all frequent traveller sales?
latest report
Philip1972 wrote:
I wanted to buy another 10 flexi frequent traveller tickets for my account, and they have suspended all frequent traveller sales?

Makes sense under the circumstances given that they are having to extend lots of unused ones.

I would imagine once the border is more generally open again they will go back on sale.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
skitow wrote:
DJL wrote:

I have six (I think) left from the original purchase that expired in Oct 2020 but now extended to Oct 2021. Seems unlikely we will use all 6 by then, but I might be lucky Laughing , so hoping they are going to do the decent thing and extend them again.

Bump. With a few, (lot of ?), people now booking tunnel crossings again I just wondered if anyone has crossed the situation yet where they have wanted to make a frequent traveller booking on a subscription that has already been extended once and now past that date as well. Mine expired on 17/10/20 and was extended to 17/10/21. Still not had the opportunity really to use any of the remaining six and although I will probably use 2, or maybe 4, by the deadline was wondering if eurotunnel will extend again. I will ring up / email them but at the moment I understand they are a bit busy so was just wondering.
ski holidays
I booked last week using my one remaining Frequent Traveller trip which was at least 18 months old - I guess they are carrying forward without question?

The Frequent Traveller scheme will not be available for the foreseeable future but existing tickets may be used.
ski holidays
Tried a dummy booking and I can book anything up to 16/10 but is blanked off after that. 17/10/19 was when I bought the frequent traveller tickets.
ski holidays
I also booked one of my (long expired) returns last week and my account shows 2 crossings (one return) still available. I think I will make a speculative booking for Christmas which I can always change nearer the time to get the outstanding ones “in the system”.

No more new Frequent Traveller availability? I’ll have to take a closer look at the options.
ski holidays
DJL, you can still book indiviual Flexiplus tickets , but you can't book a Frequent Traveller wallet of 10 tickets.
ski holidays
@DJL, So what are your original / extended expiry dates as against my 10/20 and 10/21 ?
ski holidays
Prices Shocked standard £91, standard refundable £131, Flexiplus £249 each way .Strewth! My FT wallet was £340 for 10 singles if I recall correctly, though I often hav3 a £20/30 supplement for peak day travel.

Might have to look at the ferry.

Dummy booking for the dates I’m travelling - £310. Well, I suppose they have been short of revenue!
latest report
Hold 750 shares for 3 months to benefit from a 30% discount on up to 6 single standard tickets a year.

Investment 750 x c.€14 = €1050 = c.£900

Dividend yield historically around 2.5% - last year less than 0.5%

Above from a quick search, don’t make an investment decision based on that!
ski holidays
@DJL, So have Eurotunnel refused to extend your 2 remaining FT tickets then Puzzled
snow conditions
This may be covered elsewhere but I have just received the email below. Tickets originally ran out Oct 2020. Now extended to end June 2022. Very Happy Well done eurotunnel.

snow report
skitow wrote:
@DJL, So have Eurotunnel refused to extend your 2 remaining FT tickets then Puzzled

Just got round to me email from holiday and dsee I had a similar message to skitow. Extended to 30/6/22 which is handy for next season.
ski holidays
Just an update. I received an email from Eurotunnel today telling me that my remaining crossing is now valid until 31st. December. I will use it in April anyway but I think Eurotunnel deserve praise for how they have dealt with this.
Just need to see how much the new version will be when / if they produce it......
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy