Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kids Ski school morning and/or afternoon?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I am taking my children skiing for the first time (ages 5 & 7). I have been speaking to a ski school about lessons and they strongly recommend morning OR afternoon group lessons. However, I remember when I was 7 in the late 1980's having group lessons morning and afternoon and the same kids being in both classes. Have things changed now? Is morning or afternoon now the standard? This is in France.

Thanks for your help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi there and welcome to snowHead

This topic has been discussed very recently, so you might get collective insight here: https://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=165907#5182057
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
It's a very personal choice really.

Morning Lessons
+ Most children will be more attentive and receptive to instruction in the morning and won't be tired from a morning of family skiing.
+ You pick them up at just the right time (and in the mood for) lunch.
+ Especially early/late season you get the best of the snow conditions for your 'child free' skiing...assuming you don't spend half of it having a post drop off destress drink!
- You have to get them up, fed and watered, dressed in ski gear, out the door, and to the ski school drop-off for 9am each morning.

Afternoon Lessons
+ More chilled morning routine.
- Lunch can become a panic, trying to get to somewhere, seated, fead and bill payed, out the door, and to ski school on time.
- You have to second guess how much 'extra' skiing to do in the morning, rather than just picking them up and going till they say "No more!".

Both
+ More 'child free' skiing, especially if the ski school do a lunch package as well so you only need to get them to ski school in the morning/pick them up at the end of the day.
- Much more like being at home during term time for both them and you, rather than a family holiday.

In France during Feb. half term weeks you'll sometimes get the option of mid-day lessons too, splitting the day into 3x 2hr sessions - 9 to 11, 11:30 to 13:30, 14:00 to 16:00.
+ More relaxed routine than morning lessons.
+ Not generally time to over-tire them before their lessons.
- Can be hard to juggle getting food into them too early for lunch or picking up some hangry children who haven't paid proper attention because they got hungry half way through the lesson - probably completely forgetting you'd stuffed their posckets with snacks Smile
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great list of pros & cons from @Mjit above.

Our choice was always Mornings - the kids get the 'school' element out of the way, they can enjoy a family lunch and a fun afternoon of skiing (or just messing in the snow), knowing that at any point they feel tired then they can just call it a day.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy