Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pass sanitaire for ski lifts in France

Poster: A snowHead
Yes folks its happen for France https://www.skipass.com/news/protocole-pass-sanitaire-stations-ski.html just like Italy and Austria
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good job we all have them then.

Lets see if they implement or not.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 22-11-21 21:23; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Care to translate for the non-French speakers?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm not a French speaker, so I've used google translate, I think that link says that based on the current trend, cases will soon exceed 200 per 100,000, which is the threshold for Pass Sanitaire becoming mandatory on ski lifts.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sugarmoma666, +1 that's my reading too.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I was expecting this - seems a sensible approach. Now just need to work out if my Adidas facemasks meet AFNOR standards Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
interesting and confusing google translation "Wearing a mask, approved by Afnor, will be compulsory from 11 years old, in the following situations:

On the ski lifts (except the ski lift)"

?????????
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Good job we all have them then.

Lets see if they implement or not.

erm...no we dont....teenagers between 12 and 16 are a real issue !
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
does pass sanitaire work with bluetooth switched off? Asking for a friend...
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Bluntski, I have gone round in circles trying to work out what the AFNOR standard is and whether others exceed it or not. I don’t know why they can’t just work with the normal European EN standards. It doesn’t seem to be a particularly high standard, but there are limited details and I can’t find many masks that are certified by it even if in reality they would meet the standard.

I think (no guarantees though) that these buff ones recommended by another SH seem to be meet the standard as they meet ‘Surgical Mask Standard EN14683:2019 type I and II’ and also ‘certified CWA 17553:2020’ which is referred to in some of the guidance on AFNOR.

The ones styled like a normal buff tube may be easier to pull up and down for lifts without taking off a helmet. For those of us with glasses skiing with a mask on is likely to result in low visibility due to fogging (or just ski fast to make sure there is sufficient ventilation to clear it).

https://www.buff.com/gb/masks/face-masks/adults.html
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@backhojo, isn't téléski a button lift, so travelling up alone? Telecabine = gondola - telesiege = chair lift, so I'm assuming that would be correct? Apologies if wrong, I last skied in France precovid and can't remember exactly
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
backhojo wrote:
interesting and confusing google translation "Wearing a mask, approved by Afnor, will be compulsory from 11 years old, in the following situations:

On the ski lifts (except the ski lift)"

?????????

If you look at the original French they are different, I think the exception is for drag lifts.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Colonel Faff, when I searched, there were numerous cloth masks advertised as meeting that standard, therefore hoping mine are fine. If not, it looks like the cost is only likely to be about £3. I would hope a buff would be sufficient, but will bow to others with more knowledge. You don't need to wear one whilst skiing so you should suffer no fogging Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@backhojo, +1. 12-15 are the forgotten bunch when it comes to overseas holidays right now. Government sorted the 65+ booster problem quickly enough, mind you......
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've bought a couple of these for the PSB

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/fr/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/ according to the web page they are -

Filtering at 96%
Category 1, AFNOR standard,
Approved for 50 washes,
Suitable for children and adults,

10 Euros each posted to the UK.

Look like a normal buff but with thicker and finer mesh fabric.
snow conditions
@Bluntski, yes that is one good thing, I just want to reduce the Faff of getting it on and off at the lifts, could be interesting being able to see to get on the lifts though Cool

I found a number on Amazon that say they meet it, but none looked particularly protective. Of course I’m not sure how they will be able to tell anyway as long as they look good.
snow report
Bluntski wrote:
@backhojo, isn't téléski a button lift, so travelling up alone? Telecabine = gondola - telesiege = chair lift, so I'm assuming that would be correct? Apologies if wrong, I last skied in France precovid and can't remember exactly

i just got the article in english...maybe my chrome browser is set to auto translate. teleski is indeed the drag lift
snow report
@Timc, they look good with the logo on them to show compliance if required
snow conditions
The Afnor standard is downloadable from here if you put in your details: https://www.afnor.org/en/news/protective-masks-download-our-reference-document-for-free/

It didn't seem to check my details, nor insist that I tick all the marketing boxes, so put in whatever you like! Laughing

To me it looks like a fairly basic cloth mask, 1 or more layers, 70% filtering - but I've only briefly skimmed it so make up your own mind.

Edit: the FAQ says 90% for category 1.
latest report
Tried to buy a la Plagne mask but the website jumps past delivery straight to payment. Anyone know if delivery is confirmed after payment?
snow report
@Faust1, from memory I put in my address before payment, but it wasn’t entirely clear.
snow report
@Faust1, Created an account complete with address. Added them to basket and paid 4 days later they arrived in post.
ski holidays
Thanks. Just done the same.
snow report
Tried to buy a la Plagne mask but the website jumps past delivery straight to payment. Anyone know if delivery is confirmed after payment?
snow report
If that is the case, then the U.K. youth has been shafted again.
I simply cannot understand why they are not being offered a second jab
ski holidays
@Faust1, Can't remember it it is confirmed online but I received two emails in quick succession, one from the card payment company and a confirmation of order and an PDF invoice from La Plagne.
latest report
Dravot wrote:
worst case screenshot your QR ...
ski holidays
Jonny996 wrote:
If that is the case, then the U.K. youth has been shafted again.
I simply cannot understand why they are not being offered a second jab

because there are other age groups who are at a higher risk of serious illness & death, so are rightly set a higher priority.
The youth have plenty of years ahead of themselves to ski.
Someone in their 40s or 50s may have zero years ahead of themselves if 2nd doses for the youth are preferred over a booster.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Timc wrote:
I've bought a couple of these for the PSB

https://www.skipass-laplagne.com/fr/forfait-ski/tour-de-cou-2/ according to the web page they are -

Filtering at 96%
Category 1, AFNOR standard,
Approved for 50 washes,
Suitable for children and adults,

10 Euros each posted to the UK.

Look like a normal buff but with thicker and finer mesh fabric.

Well I've just bought a pair of these order process was easy but a strange mix of English and French. Hope they turn up in time for the PSB.

I've also got one of the Buff ones coming, on top of the FFP2 masks required for the EasyJet flight.

Will surgical masks be OK for bars and restaurants?
snow report
under a new name wrote:

Dravot wrote:
worst case screenshot your QR ...

@Dravot, Yes. we used the TAC app in the summer with bluetooth switched off and the track and trace part of the app switched off.

Just scan your NHS QR code in the app and it gets saved in the "Health Pass" wallet. To display the code tap to open the app and then tap "my wallet" QR code is displayed. The display has two options, Border mode on or off. In addition to just your name in normal mode, border mode shows Date of Birth, which injection and date of injection.

Only the QR code for injection 2 of 2 or 3 of 3 for the booster needs to be scanned in.

NHS QR codes expire after 30 days so if you are away longer or it expires while you are away you just need to go into the NHS app to generate a new QR code and upload to TAC
ski holidays
@Mr.Egg, Vaccine supply is not an issue. We have the capacity to do both. The stumbling block is whether the risks of covid outweigh those of the vaccine to that agegroup. Given every other western country has said teenagers can/should get two jabs, I wonder if it because they are following a different science to us.
Good of you to volunteer continued restrictions on teenagers for (presumably) your benefit, despite already having been treated as collateral damage again and again over the last two years.
And I am mid 50s.
ski holidays
@Timc,

Thank you. I have the app it seems to be working well. I was concerned about being pinged for french T&T (equiv) on the basis that I “may” have been stood “close” to someone….
snow conditions
@Timc, When you say scan/upload do you require a physical copy of can it all be some from smartphone?
latest report
@snowhound, totally agree with you here!
snow report
AIUI, post 1stNov NHS app generated QR codes work with the various euro scan apps so you shouldn't need the TAC app. A downloaded copy of the NHS QR code will do just the same (and several people on here have tested it successfully).

Is there any indication of how the lift companies will implement this? Requiring everyone to present when buying their pass seems impractical; no multiple purchases and how would they deal with online. Will it be checked at first use or just random checks?
ski holidays
I'm impressed at the photoshop skills on that announcement! - might have helped if they'd looked at where peoples noses are
latest report
@James77, There's more than a few ways to do it. When you open the TAC app there is a button bottom right "Scan a QR code" which opens a QR scanner window.

The first time I did it I printed out the PDF, and scanned direct into the app. Next time I opened the NHS app on my tablet and scanned directly into my TAC app. I've heard its possible to screen capture and import but don't know if that's correct.

Hope this helps
snow report
Informative article here from Le Dauphine about Covid protocols on mask wearing and pass sanitaire in the mountains this season https://www.ledauphine.com/societe/2021/11/22/protocole-sanitaire-dans-nos-stations-ou-faudra-t-il-porter-le-masque I always use the google translate for articles like these here
https://www-ledauphine-com.translate.goog/societe/2021/11/22/protocole-sanitaire-dans-nos-stations-ou-faudra-t-il-porter-le-masque?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=nui
ski holidays
@Timc, I strongly suspect there will not be checking of AFNOR compliance from e.g. ordinary buffs. For many places the easiest PS checks will be at the bottom of access lifts. Not so easy in some areas with multiple accesses.

Also, if CH doesn't mandate PSs will they be checking the borders with Switzerland in e.g. PdS?

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 23-11-21 10:30; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Timc wrote:
Informative article here from Le Dauphine about Covid protocols on mask wearing and pass sanitaire in the mountains this season https://www.ledauphine.com/societe/2021/11/22/protocole-sanitaire-dans-nos-stations-ou-faudra-t-il-porter-le-masque I always use the google translate for articles like these here
https://www-ledauphine-com.translate.goog/societe/2021/11/22/protocole-sanitaire-dans-nos-stations-ou-faudra-t-il-porter-le-masque?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB&_x_tr_pto=nui

Does this mean that those of a less honorable manner could buy their teens ski pass now before the need for the pass sanitaire comes into force?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy