Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Just Returned From France With 12 Year Old

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I thought I would quickly summarise our recent trip to France via Geneva with a group of friends and a 12 year old unvaccinated child.
Bham to Geneva - Proof of vaccine required at check in (child exempt) + the swiss locator form
Geneva to France (Les Gets) was with a transfer company. We had our nhs proof of vaccine and declaration forms, but the bus we were on was just waved through border control.
In resort, the vaccine pass is mandatory for the lifts, but we were not asked for it once. Very few wore masks in the queues or on the lifts themselves.
We didn’t go to many shops, bars or restaurants however we did go to a few, and only one mountain restaurant asked for the vaccine pass. The NHS qr code worked fine. Our 12 year old was just waved through with us as we just told them she wasn’t old enough to get the vaccine pass.
No proof of vaccine to use the local buses.
On our return to the Uk, again we were waved through at the border between France and Switzerland.
Overall, there was very little hassle at all. If you are taking children/teenagers who are unvaccinated, in my experience, there is nothing to worry about. I didn’t see one person being asked for it on the lifts, and very rarely out and about.
Hope this puts some of your minds at rest.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yeah, I guess if you lied and said she was 11, you got away with it. Might not work with a 14yo with shoes bigger than his Dads though!! Laughing

How did you buy her a liftpass? Presumably you would have had to show ID and a vaccine pass for that?? Confused
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@luigi, it may not have been a lie per se... with UK rules they are allowed first dose at 12 and then second dose 12 weeks later. So until that point they aren't old enough to be fully vaccinated until 12 yrs and 12 weeks.

Saying that my 12yr old could pass for 14/15!!!!!! Thankfully i have managed to get her both doses now.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I didn’t lie at any time, she turned 12 the day we arrived and the vaccine pass isn’t available until 12 years and 2 months.
I bought passes on-line and at the ticket office and at no point were vaccine passes or ID asked for (adults or my Daughter)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
just me that assumed this was about whiskey then

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Tue 8-02-22 23:21; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
hobbiteater wrote:
just me that assumed this was about whiskey them

I was thinking “child bride” Embarassed
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
How are people getting their kids out of UK school term weeks?

The last head of our kids school wanted chapter, verse and humble reasoning, before allowing one or two days extra prior to Feb half terms.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When the kids were smaller we just told the school we were going - and if it was the odd day or 2 it was just marked as unauthorised absence. One year we took them out for the week, we asked school to approve the absence, they declined and we just paid the fine. It wasn't ideal but we felt it was what we wanted to do.

Now the kids are older and are in first year of GCSE's decided to go 1/2 term week
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Vessigaud wrote:
When the kids were smaller we just told the school we were going - and if it was the odd day or 2 it was just marked as unauthorised absence. One year we took them out for the week, we asked school to approve the absence, they declined and we just paid the fine. It wasn't ideal but we felt it was what we wanted to do.

Now the kids are older and are in first year of GCSE's decided to go 1/2 term week

I’d have done the same, especially the primary school years. We were lucky at that time, our LEA still allowed schools to permit a couple of weeks requested extra leave per academic year. The much publicised, national clampdown backed by law started just afterwards.

We knew the receptionists at two schools (one independent, one state) where it was standing joke amongst them about a sea of parents calling in a couple of days prior to school holidays, reporting “sick bugs” or “stinking colds”.

Looks like a passion for skiing post-Macron’s lockdown drove many Brits to take family ski holidays over the last few weeks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy