Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

First comp for the groms!

Poster: A snowHead
Lots of family nerves this morning!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
How do you plot a route from that???
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Good luck the groms.

Are freeride events worth going to watch in person? Do you actually get to see much? We have a leg of the FWT nearby. I just can’t work out if I’d just rather go skiing!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
hammerite wrote:
Good luck the groms.

Are freeride events worth going to watch in person? Do you actually get to see much? We have a leg of the FWT nearby. I just can’t work out if I’d just rather go skiing!

If you can ski by at the right time its worth taking 30 mins out to watch the action. Plus there will be a bit of hoopla somewhere nearby in tour village with merch and possible some sponsor swag. Useful to take binocs if you have them.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good luck!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
hammerite wrote:
Good luck the groms.

If you mean the proper FWT main event I'd say absolutely worth watching, they are the top skiers in the world. I thought that they try to use faces that are easily viewable to the public as they want a crowd. IME you've been able to see pretty much everything (ozone face at kicking horse and truth and dare face at kicking horse).

If you mean fwt qualifiers I'd say 2* events can be a bit hit and miss, 4* events are usually good. Best bang for your buck is always men's ski, they go biggest and ski the best lines, so if you are just going to watch 30mins try get there during that session. Is it worth watching the qualifiers? Depends - if I only skied 1 week a year I probably would just watch a run or 2 or even skip it completely if it was a powder day. If you are doing a season, conditions aren't particularly special and it's a nice warm day it becomes a lot more appealing to watch a fair bit.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@boarder2020, @Dave of the Marmottes, Thanks. I might go over for a ski and watch. I believe it’s a proper FWT even. Seems they’re doing three full events followed by two more where only the top ranking compete. https://www.ispo.com/en/trends/freeride-world-tour-2022-all-info-about-new-season

Apologies for the hijack@BobinCH. Hope the kids enjoyed it.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hammerite, no worries. The Verbier event is fab! Which one are you close to?

Kids loved the experience!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Tough conditions! Need legs of steel

http://youtube.com/v/RgOF7cGhRz8
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great Stuff! We are friends with the Smiths - you probably know Luke Smith, who got to second in the WFT - there’s a story about why he wasn’t first in the world....
Have a fantastic day....
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@BobinCH, looks super tough conditions, glad they enjoyed it!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
valais2 wrote:
Great Stuff! We are friends with the Smiths - you probably know Luke Smith, who got to second in the WFT - there’s a story about why he wasn’t first in the world....
Have a fantastic day....

Don’t know Luke? Junior or pro?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Tough conditions fair play
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Bob - here's Luke in 2015....

https://www.facebook.com/juniorfreeridetour/videos/fjt-by-dakine-verbier-luke-smith-1st-ski-men/800320943377368/
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@BobinCH, that looked tough going - crusty as!

I’m in Andorra so it’s the Arcalis round.
snow conditions
hammerite wrote:
@BobinCH, that looked tough going - crusty as!

I’m in Andorra so it’s the Arcalis round.

Nice! The comp today was next level insane. Please go and report back!!!
https://www.freerideworldtour.com/
snow conditions
@BobinCH, it’s my b’day next week so my OH is on her way out. Will have to see if she’s keen!
snow report
hammerite wrote:
@BobinCH, it’s my b’day next week so my OH is on her way out. Will have to see if she’s keen!

Based on yesterday's comp you would be insane to miss ski men even if it's half as good. The video is up on YouTube now, lots of insane runs.
snow conditions
My God Bob - just having a cup of coffee and watched the video - those conditions were brutal. That was more like a survival competition than a Freeride event...my knees were hurting just watching it. Frozen chop, death balls and massive corrugations and pretty much skied out. Brave things....
snow report
boarder2020 wrote:
hammerite wrote:

Based on yesterday's comp you would be insane to miss ski men even if it's half as good. The video is up on YouTube now, lots of insane runs.

I got the dates wrong. FWT is advertised for all week. So looks like the actual competition is a week on Saturday.
snow report
hammerite wrote:
boarder2020 wrote:
hammerite wrote:

I got the dates wrong. FWT is advertised for all week. So looks like the actual competition is a week on Saturday.

It’s announced for this weekend. Not confirmed yet if Saturday or Sunday https://www.freerideworldtour.com/news/are-you-ready-ordino-arcalis
ski holidays
@BobinCH, doh, yeah I took my eye off the ball there. I was on a lift in the Grandvalira when I looked for an update and saw the scores going on the scoreboard. I’d have struggled to make Sunday anyway as I had a few beers on Saturday evening.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy