Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No more face masks in Ski Lifts and Lift Queues in France

Poster: A snowHead
TheLocal.fr had a headline this morning that stated that today's relaxation of mask wearing outdoors in France also applied to ski lifts and queues, but now it appears to have changed, and I can't find any specific reference to the lifts and lift queues.

Does anyone know if this has been officially lifted?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@The_Gate, it was going to be ...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think a fair proportion of the French thought the requirement in lifts had already stopped
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
https://www.lefigaro.fr/sciences/fin-du-teletravail-obligatoire-et-du-masque-a-l-exterieur-la-france-leve-certaines-restrictions-20220202
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hopefully they'll drop the LFT tests soon as well -less hassle prior to travel
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Hardly any masks in evidence in Aussois last week, even by the staff.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boris wrote:
Hopefully they'll drop the LFT tests soon as well -less hassle prior to travel

that is defiantly the one move that will make travel easier.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes no tests to travel for the fully vaccinated and LFTs for the rest - but not until nearer Easter.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
welshskier wrote:

It definitely seemed more relaxed in the smaller or "more French" resorts last week. Aussois would fit in that category.

Compliance was highest in Alpe d'Huez (the biggest resort we went to), though it was also MUCH busier there, so there was a greater benefit to wearing them!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Absolutely no signs of masks in lift queues in Avoriaz
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Pejoli, cos they are no longer required ... wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Still going to wear my buff in bubbles when sharing with other punters
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@under a new name, probably should have added “since I got here last Sunday” … but point taken Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
It is a confused situation, but it would appear that masks are still required as a ski lift is a mode of transport in France. However, a committee has been set up to discuss an exemption as you have to be vaxxed to use a chairlift.

Its a bit like Oui Ministere!

https://www.ledauphine.com/societe/2022/02/02/le-masque-toujours-obligatoire-dans-les-remontees-mecaniques
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dr John, why?

@chocksaway, of ffs!
snow conditions
denfinella wrote:
welshskier wrote:

It definitely seemed more relaxed in the smaller or "more French" resorts last week. Aussois would fit in that category.

Based on last week the whole PdS area is now a small resort, using that measure. Back in December about 70% of people were wearing some form of face covering with the odd lifty reminding people who had forgotten. Last week it was down to maybe 20% and think I oncee saw one lifty remind one person...
latest report
I read today on the connexion that the mask wearing decision will be passed onto local authorities next week
latest report
@under a new name, cos testing positive would be a bit of a disaster for me, my wife, the kids and the elderly in-laws. Pulling up a buff I'm wearing anyway is no big deal.
latest report
@Dr John, also nearly entirely useless!
snow report
We are still asking people to wear them in ADH
latest report
Dr John wrote:
@under a new name, cos testing positive would be a bit of a disaster for me, my wife, the kids and the elderly in-laws. Pulling up a buff I'm wearing anyway is no big deal.

If it would indeed be a disaster then I would recommend that you and your family stay at home Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@Alpinebear, indoors? In enclosed lifts?
latest report
@under a new name, it's a UNS1 job, still better than nowt.
@russ_e, fair point, that just isn't going to happen. Downgrading disaster to extremely annoying.

Either way, Savoie and Haute Savoie have announced that masks are still required on lifts so the entire thread is now null and void.
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:
@Dr John, also nearly entirely useless!

Not at all useless if everyone wears a mask.
snow report
@under a new name, all lifts(shared), queues for lifts and ski pass.
ski holidays
@zikomo, Anyone who is personally concerned can wear an FFP2 mask which gives them pretty much 100% protection. Then it doesn't matter what anyone else does or doesn't wear.
snow conditions
@snowhound, FFP2 masks required in Italian enclose lifts. I disagree, they don't give 100% protection for the wearer vs. Covid but it is significant. Worth considering Italy for that reason for those concerned about risk of infection.
ski holidays
@snowhound, That's incorrect. The person choosing to not wear a mask and risk getting it, can not only get it, but pass it on...and on...and on...even if not unwell themselves.

That's the point.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The studies I've seen say well fitted FFP2 gives 95+% protection to the wearer. And yes I know you can get infected etc etc, but if someone is particularly concerned about catching it (I'm not) then they can significantly and to all reasonable levels, protect themselves with an FFP2.
ski holidays
@snowhound, Yes FFP2 are highly effective, but definitely not 95% for this virus when worn by non-medially trained individuals. The best protection is when those around you are all wearing them too.

We are going to Italy this year (normally go to Switzerland) as had flights to Milan scheduled from 2 springs ago as my wife wanted to ski in Italy for a change. I am glad that we are. I agree that we will all get the virus at some point. But I definitely do not want to get it on my ski holiday, especially after missing so much skiing in the last couple of years. I like that Italy insists on FFP2 masks, and we will all be wearing them to travel as well as taking other sensible precautions, to ensure the best chance that the family can fully enjoy this trip. Putting enjoyment of the ski holiday at unnecessary risk by not taking sensible precautions on the basis that we will all get it anyway is not a choice I would make.
snow report
Still obligatory here.......
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy