Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Help! Entry To Slovakia - A Further (Ryanair-related) Question

Poster: A snowHead
Do any Snowheads have recent experience of entering Slovakia from the UK?

We are flying to Bratislava on Monday for a few days skiing and are trying to compete the eHranica online entry form. However, the form will not allow us to enter a UK address and postcode on page 2 of the form Shocked .

Am I missing something obvious?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 13-02-22 12:10; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just had a quick look at the form ; it will only allow Slovakian towns ; maybe try the address of where you are staying ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
albob wrote:
Just had a quick look at the form ; it will only allow Slovakian towns ; maybe try the address of where you are staying ?

Thank you. I will give that a go Very Happy

We also have to complete a passenger locator form, so hopefully the 2 forms combined will get us in.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Did you get sorted Bergmeister Shocked??
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mountainaddict wrote:
Did you get sorted Bergmeister Shocked??

Yes - I think so....

We were required to submit 2 forms:-

a) the form mentioned above; and
b) a passenger locator form.

a) worked ok, using our holiday address as recommended above; and we received immediate email confirmation of its acceptance.
b) after completing the PLF we received an on-screen message to say "Public Passenger Search Form Saved Successfully."
I took a screenshot but we have received no e-mail confirmation rolling eyes Sad . Hopefully the screenshot will suffice)

Also, when checking in online, the Ryanair website said that we needed to print our boarding passes "for inspection and stamping abroad." Shocked

Has anyone come across this before? It seems a bit odd in this digital day and age... Puzzled

Our printer is kaputt, so we will have only our electronic boarding passes. Fingers crossed!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
As a little aside... we chose not to pay an extra £32 for seat selection on the plane, as we thought £170 for luggage was quite enough... rolling eyes

And of course Ryanair have kindly allocated us middle seats, 23 rows apart.

What a tw@'s trick! Shocked

And not something Easyjet or Jet2 does. wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Bergmeister, because nobody pays for middle seats so to be expected really.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
holidayloverxx wrote:

It's not the middle seats - it's the 20 odd rows apart, as if to make a p155taking point!

And, as I said, not something that Easyjet or Ryanair does, despite (I assume) nobody paying for their middle seats, either rolling eyes .
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Bergmeister wrote:
It's not the middle seats - it's the 20 odd rows apart, as if to make a p155taking point!

Yup, its to show you what happens when you have the temerity not to pay them to sit beside each other.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bergmeister wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

And, as I said, not something that Easyjet or Ryanair does, despite (I assume) nobody paying for their middle seats, either rolling eyes .

Does it really matter whether it's 1 or 20 rows?. Maybe that was all that was available on this occasion?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
holidayloverxx wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
holidayloverxx wrote:

Does it really matter whether it's 1 or 20 rows?. Maybe that was all that was available on this occasion?

Fair point. But I can't help but think they just do it out of spite! rolling eyes
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I'm more concerned about the odd "request" that we print boarding passes, to be honest.

Any thoughts on whether we will be ok with them on our phone, only? Puzzled
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bergmeister wrote:
I'm more concerned about the odd "request" that we print boarding passes, to be honest./

I'd be concerned too. Don't you know anyone with a printer? Or local libraries/shops? Sunday is a bit late for that though. Please let us know just how much they charge you for printing at check-in Shocked , (probably more than seat selection.)
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Bergmeister wrote:
I'm more concerned about the odd "request" that we print boarding passes, to be honest.

We flew with Ryanair yesterday morning for the first time for some years.
We were also concerned about the requirement that boarding passes be printed. We did manage to print them.
We did see people using boarding passes on their phones so I assume it can be done.
I hadn’t appreciated until we got to the airport that the baggage drop off is a self service affair. There are (at least at Edinburgh airport) a number of scales on which you place your hold baggage, then scan the barcode / QR code from your boarding pass and it then prints out the luggage label which you attach to your luggage and you then carry your cases to the conveyor belt.
It worked. But I am not a fan. And all things being equal then I would choose a different airline in future.
The point of this rambling message is to say that it may be easy or may be difficult to scan the code from the lift pass when checking in baggage.
Hopefully someone on here will have done it and can comment
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
They charge £55 for checking in at the airport... I travelled Ryanair to Dublin last week. The only time I needed my boarding pass was to get into the security area at departures. I had printed mine - did see some people doing it with phones but have also waited impatiently in the past behind people trying to do stuff with unwieldy tablets, and desperately twiddling phones around. Personally, I'd never rely on a phone for any important document but then I'm old.....
snow conditions
JHS wrote:

I hadn’t appreciated until we got to the airport that the baggage drop off is a self service affair. There are (at least at Edinburgh airport) a number of scales on which you place your hold baggage, then scan the barcode / QR code from your boarding pass and it then prints out the luggage label which you attach to your luggage and you then carry your cases to the conveyor belt.

That’s how it works with BA at Heathrow.

JHS wrote:
it may be easy or may be difficult to scan the code from the lift pass when checking in baggage.

I’m not sure that what you meant to say.
ski holidays
Red Leon wrote:

JHS wrote:
it may be easy or may be difficult to scan the code from the lift pass when checking in baggage.

I’m not sure that what you meant to say.

Hah !

Absolutely !
I am obviously overcome by being on the slopes again at last.
What I meant to say was it may be difficult to scan the code for the boarding pass from a phone.
It depends on how much space there is above the scanner and whether you have to put a piece of paper in, or whether there is room and space to hold a phone there
latest report
pam w wrote:
. Personally, I'd never rely on a phone for any important document but then I'm old.....

I used to share that view until our printer packed up rolling eyes . Now 2 of us have a copy of all documents on each phone.

I'm not sure how I'd feel if I was flying solo, however. In that case I'd probably still share your concerns.
snow conditions
Phone and paper for me. Paper is easiest and works best.
latest report
Paper certainly far quicker. I had my boarding pass where I always have it, in the back pocket of my jeans. 5 seconds to whip it out, open the gate to security and replace it in pocket. I couldn't cope without a printer (nothing to do with travelling, particularly). My scanner has packed up, but I can use a scanner app on the phone (though I had to be told that, by tech-competent daughter) and print out a document which needs signing - have done that a few times, recently.

There are plenty of places where phone signals are unreliable. And unexpected outages can occur at any time - sometimes recently as a result of deliberate sabotage.
ski holidays
pam w wrote:
Paper certainly far quicker. I had my boarding pass where I always have it, in the back pocket of my jeans. 5 seconds to whip it out, open the gate to security and replace it in pocket.

But it could be on your phone in you pocket! Wouldn't take any longer to get it out and paper sometimes gets creased in the wrong place when you've sat on it.

Quote:
There are plenty of places where phone signals are unreliable. And unexpected outages can occur at any time - sometimes recently as a result of deliberate sabotage.

And I have no idea why people keep banging on about signals. Just save important stuff offline on your phone. You don't need a signal, it's always there!

Having said all that, if possible I do have paper copies just in case something majorly terrible happens. (My son dropped his phone down the loo, once rolling eyes .)
snow conditions
Red Leon wrote:
JHS wrote:

That’s how it works with BA at Heathrow.

It's fairly normal now. I've certainly encountered it with Easyjet at Bristol and Swiss at both Zurich and Heathrow (although at Heathrow if you have skis you certainly used to get sent to a check-in desk).
ski holidays
Bergmeister wrote:
As a little aside... we chose not to pay an extra £32 for seat selection on the plane, as we thought £170 for luggage was quite enough... rolling eyes

I suspect this is a misleading and slightly disingenuous comment. Ryanair usually have choice of fares you select and usually recommend a fare that may include luggage/ seat selection etc. Clearly you chose cheapest option and then had to add on luggage and would have had to add on seat selection. You probably got cheapest possible fare but if you wanted seats together the net extra if you had selected recommended fare would be a lot less than extra £32 (and I assume that is 32 for 2 people, for ? Return flight? So £8 per person per flight?)
snow report
JHS wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:

We flew with Ryanair yesterday morning for the first time for some years.
We were also concerned about the requirement that boarding passes be printed. We did manage to print them.
We did see people using boarding passes on their phones so I assume it can be done.
It worked. But I am not a fan. And all things being equal then I would choose a different airline in future.
The point of this rambling message is to say that it may be easy or may be difficult to scan the code from the lift pass when checking in baggage.
Hopefully someone on here will have done it and can comment

I think this is not just Ryanair, more and more airlines doing this. Its actually quite efficient when you get uses to it but probably not so smooth if packing skis. In fact I DELIBERATELY CHOOSE RYANAIR OVER AER LINGUS now because I have a problem using Verifly which Aer Lingus are making compulsory for online checkin on many routes (anyone who thinks their personal data / pictures etc is fully secure there is quite deluded)
snow conditions
peanuthead wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:

I suspect this is a misleading and slightly disingenuous comment. Ryanair usually have choice of fares you select and usually recommend a fare that may include luggage/ seat selection etc. Clearly you chose cheapest option and then had to add on luggage and would have had to add on seat selection. You probably got cheapest possible fare but if you wanted seats together the net extra if you had selected recommended fare would be a lot less than extra £32 (and I assume that is 32 for 2 people, for ? Return flight? So £8 per person per flight?)

There is nothing disingenuous about my comment. The simple issue is that I object to paying for something (seats together) that other budget airlines (Jet2 & Eastjet) give me for nothing.

I'd rather have paid an extra £16 pp on the upfront fare and sat together. That way I wouldn't feel as though they are trying to screw the punter for every last penny. After paying £170 for luggage we chose to draw a line somewhere.

It might be an odd outlook but there is nothing disingenuous about it. Only statements of fact.

Anyway...Mrs B (who's anything but large...) could barely fit in her (middle) seat, between 2 18 stone lads. Just as well there was a spare seat next to me... wink Very Happy
ski holidays
maggi wrote:
Bergmeister wrote:
I'm more concerned about the odd "request" that we print boarding passes, to be honest./

I'd be concerned too. Don't you know anyone with a printer? Or local libraries/shops? Sunday is a bit late for that though. Please let us know just how much they charge you for printing at check-in Shocked , (probably more than seat selection.)

We are on board now, ready for take off, as the boarding passes on the phone worked fine Very Happy

Bratislava here we come! Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
@Bergmeister, Very Happy
latest report
Quote:
Anyway...Mrs B (who's anything but large...) could barely fit in her (middle) seat, between 2 18 stone lads. Just as well there was a spare seat next to me...
A result! She ended up next to only one 20 st lad instead wink
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
Anyway...Mrs B (who's anything but large...) could barely fit in her (middle) seat, between 2 18 stone lads. Just as well there was a spare seat next to me...
A result! She ended up next to only one 20 st lad instead wink

Very Happy Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy