Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montgenevre ski passes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all, I'm new here and looking for help understanding Milky Way/ Montgenevre ski passes. Hopefully someone can shed some light on it?

I'll be staying in Montgenevre, hopefully for 6 days of skiing during Christmas week. Me and three children under 12. (And no kids clubs or lessons planned as yet, am I mad?!)

The family pass for Monts des Lunes (Montgenevre + Claviere + Cezanne) is 711€, but that needs 2 adults, so I would have to lie about the eldest's age. That would allow us to have a day in one of the following: Serre chevalier, Alpe d'Huez, 2 Alpes, Puy St Vincent, Bardonecchia, Vialattea ITA.

The only other option I can see is individual day passes for Montgenevre by itself, which are slightly cheaper if you buy them online 2 days before you use them.

My question is whether there is another option I should look at - especially if it's a lot cheaper to buy 10 days before (like the family pass). If not, can you see any problems in lying about a child's age to get the family pass.

We're all beginners/ comfortable beginners and had a great time skiing on blues in Les Arcs at Easter.

I don't want to have a strict routine of rushing through breakfast to get the children to lessons every day, so I'm planning to mostly ski together, and have lunch on the slopes (if there are nice pizza restaurants we can ski to for example), although a private lesson or two (for 2 of the children) would be good.

The children have no fear and would happily race down reds but I'm hoping to keep them at my level while we're together at least...

thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to the forum!

Now there are certainly more qualified people than myself who will probably have a more detailed answer but me and the OH did Monty a few years. At the time, we were progressing from beginners ourselves and we never made it out of the Monts des Lunes pass area. With 3 children in tow as well, I don't think it'll be worthwhile if you plan to get into the rest of the Via Lattea on skis? It may be a bit of a push/rush to make the most of it. Monty itself has more than enough, I would say to keep a beginner-intermediate happy for a week.

Unless you have your own transport, then a day out somewhere is obviously an awful lot easier! And you can drive round to one of the other resorts and importantly get back quickly if one of the little ones throws in the towel.

So I think you should do what is the best value to get you the local pass, although personally I wouldn't lie about the children's age.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I may have asked this before or others have asked in various ways so apologies in advance. I'll set the stage...

* We will be based out of Montgenevre for 6 possible days of skiing
* I am an advanced skier and plan on trying anything and everything I can nearby so for me, the Via Lattea International pass seems to make sense for 6 days. That way I can go where I want (we'll have a car) without limits. Plan on meeting a friend in Sestriere one day, for example, but would also like to maybe check out Sauze and I understand the international pass might include a day at Bardonecchia or Serre Chevalier. I'm the easy one to figure out.
* The rest of my family is not as crazy about skiing as I am. Lower on the ability and willingness scale. Is the best option to get them a Montiluna/Montgenevre pass (I think that's what it's called) and then add on to their lift pass should we go to another place? Its my understanding that you can get the pass and then, if you decide to go to Sauze or Sestriere, you pay an added cost for that day but a reasonable price.

Does that sound right/logical?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Feel like my answer is somewhat above. "best value to get you the local pass" for the kids and I get the big one.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Certainly go only for the Monts de la Lune pass for the less experienced - this gives you Montgenevre and Claviere which is plenty to go at. Do check but from memory this includes one day in a neighbouring area eg via lattea and I think also Serre Che.
If you get there early I think you also get the afternoon before your first day starts
Whilst you can ski over to the rest of the via lattea it is quite a trek
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I plan to make good use of our car. We have a friend who lives closer to Prali and we're going to meet in Sestriere one day... I'm going to save myself the trouble and drive over there. That's too much of a haul and cuts into real skiing. That said, I'm curious to try to go over to Sansicario one day to hit all those reds in the middle and the olympic run. I'll have to do that by myself. Looks like a slog so maybe driving down and parking at the base is better.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Forever beginner I would say family pass for montgenevre/claviers (as said, I’m sure it includes a day in via lattea). With 3 kids in tow that’ll be plenty I would have thought. I didn’t rate the mountain eateries (there aren’t many of them) so you may want to return to town, which will eat into your time.

Ref passes, the Question is, will they check dates of birth? Anyone know?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Not certain if they check. Last year we bough season passes at Saas-Fee even though we only went for 6 days since the pass deal was too good to pass up. I had to enter all the information into their eCommerce system to buy the passes.

When we went on trips to Courmayeur, Chamonix and Obergurgl, we did everything through the hotels. Of course, they can check ages because of passports but I suppose that depends on how tight they are about those things. We never really had an issue because our kids were young enough that it wasn't a problem but I suppose that's changing.

"Baby" is 2012 and younger. The other price break I see is under 15.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Looking at what side trips to take while in Montgenevre. Has anyone been to Puy Saint Vincent. About 40 minutes from our hotel but looks like a wonderful secret spot with a great mix of our group of different abilities. Any insight?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Just some feedback from my trip (better late than never!). I did indeed just get the local pass and it was plenty for our level.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy