Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carriable comfy shoes

Poster: A snowHead
Hi does anyone have any suggestions for something to slip on at lunch and stops when easing off the skiboots? Despite having my ski boots fitted to be able to ski all day it's great to take them off at stops to give the feet a break. Does anyone have any suggestions for something can pop in the rucksack which would still enable me to walk to the bar, toilets etc and maybe a bit of apres?

Cheers Rich
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I used to use these: Teva canyoning shoes. But best get the waterproof ones rather than the ones which let water in through gauze panels. They fold down to nothing and are easy to stuff in a rucksack. And they are mighty grippy on wet toilet floors. And really cheap ones can be obtained on EBay. Decathlon have some too. And remember to keep them in a bag since they get quite wet and mucky in restaurant (and toilet floors - yuk) and then….reminder to dry them each day and not leave them festering in the rucksack.

But for boots I now have Full Tilts which are COMFY….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323745789769

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 28-01-22 11:52; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Surely any old pair of trainers would do the job????

Never seen the need to take boots off for lunch or apres personally, and I have performance fit boots so maybe I am just lucky (or alcohol dampens the discomfort!).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Rich D, too predictable, but they don't sound perfectly fitted. I am very happy all day in my boots.

otherwise ... https://www.amazon.fr/World-Clogs-Uni-Tout-en-Bois-Sabots/dp/B00319DMDO/ref=asc_df_B00319DMDO/?tag=amz07b-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=177796668619&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2978270737033234729&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9111719&hvtargid=pla-126518526060&psc=1
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hut booties. Loads of choices out there, weigh next to nothing, compress small, and some have enough sole on them for walking around.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Get boots which fit. I know, not hugely helpful, but if I had boots which I ever felt the need to take off even at the end of the day, I'd dump them.

More usefully, or not. How about boots with decent liners? Then just remove the shells and use the liners like "hut slippers".

Alternatively get hard core and don't stop for lunch.

North Face brand various hut slippers, as do other people. It sounds like lots of hassle though, I'd go for better
fitting boots you can forget about.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I used to use these: Teva canyoning shoes. But best get the waterproof ones rather than the ones which let water in through gauze panels. They fold down to nothing and are easy to stuff in a rucksack. But for boots I now have Full Tilts which are COMFY….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323745789769

How much do the full tilt booties fold down?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

@Rich D, too predictable, but they don't sound perfectly fitted. I am very happy all day in my boots.

Pretty messed up feet to be honest, years of kicking stuff, several breaks, dislocations and extreme lumpiness. These boots are the best/comfiest I've had thanks to solutions for feet in Bicester, but taking them off for half an hour and not having to wear them for apres really makes for a much happier day.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I got a pair of these, found them to be excellent, lightweight, warm and have their own elasticated slung carry case.

https://www.xnowmate.com/
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@zikomo, …you put alcohol in your boots??…. Shock snowHead

In this … Maria gets alcohol out of her ski pole….

The Great Siberian Traverse Trailer from Eric Rosen
https://vimeo.com/208216990
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@valais2, Not in my boots. Although I often "fill my boots" at apres ski! I get complaints from the wives of the guides we use about how tired and wrung-out their husbands are after a week with my family. And they are mostly 20 years younger than I am!

I do have some ski poles somewhere that were designed to hold drink. Was given them for Christmas a few years ago, but have never used them in anger.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Crocs. Weigh nothing.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pam w wrote:
Crocs. Weigh nothing.

+1
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
pam w wrote:
Crocs. Weigh nothing.

....and have holes to let any steam out! Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dudes shoes, slightly more stylish than Crocs Laughing

And the same weight!
snow report
Similar to the canyoning shoes mentioned above, try searching for river / kayaking / rafting / aqua shoes. I prefer fabric uppers with stretchy laces rather than neoprene uppers
ski holidays
Weathercam wrote:

And the same weight!

I like the idea of the "Farty Funk" model.
snow report
Old Fartbag wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

And the same weight!

An acceptable name change ? Toofy Grin
latest report
AL9000 wrote:
Old Fartbag wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

And the same weight!

An acceptable name change ? Toofy Grin

As long as it's prefixed by "Finally Old".....FOFF instead of OFB. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy