Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Years Eve with teens - resort recommendations please!

Poster: A snowHead
We’ve never skied at NY for all the usual reasons, but considering it this year as it fits around exams / mocks etc etc.

I’d love recommendations of resorts that throw a “party on the front de neige” or equivalent - fireworks, torchlit descents, other entertainment etc., plus details. I can see Tignes does something at Le Lac, but given we’re booking late and how busy NY is, I’d like to cast the net as widely as possible - we’ll consider just about anywhere.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
1. St Anton
2. Val d'Isere
3. Aspen
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No fireworks in St Anton but instead a brilliant lazer show to music. If planning on going to bars book early, often need to eat to get a table and take plenty of money, it’s a long and expensive night! Best days skiing is 1st January, empty pistes.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both. Do any of the slightly less mega resorts do anything similar? Not sure we can afford the Aspen/ Val D / St As of this world at NY…
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@swoafs, pretty much all resorts will have celebrations. Think where you might want to be for other reasons and then go to the tourist office website and have look at the plans.

Having spent many new years eve in the Alps, from 1970`s onwards, there will be celebrations!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Banff would be an excellent choice. You get a lot for your money with the Canadian dollar. Snow should be good at Lake Louise and Sunshine, and there is a lot of lodging options at various budget levels.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The torchlight descent in Banff must be pretty special Toofy Grin
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Montgenevre do torchlit descent and fireworks for NYE, and it’s definitely more of a good value resort. Snow sure (they’ve had a ton of snow this weekend) but if you’re looking for lively apres it’s probably not the best!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Take a look at Valmeinier or Valloire cost effective resorts which dont get stupidly busy and easy to get to driving or from several airports

https://www.valmeinier.com/app/uploads/2022/12/programme-danimations-du-25-decembre-2022-au-1er-janvier-2023-en.pdf

https://tourism.valloire.net/fete-et-manifestation/soiree-du-nouvel-an-fetons-2024-a-valloire-valloire/
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cheaper options.

1. Bansko
2. Bardonecchia
3. Cervinia
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I haven’t been there for New Year’s Eve so am not sure exactly what happens then but my teens liked Les arcs at Christmas time for the night skiing twice a week..this takes place in Arc1950/2000 and I’d recommend basing yourselves in Arc 2000.

I expect most places have New Year’s Eve fireworks so I would focus on picking somewhere reasonably high with a bit of apres that will appeal to teens.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lech
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Brilliant, thanks all. I’d checked a few places but they have their fireworks at 6pm and then leave midnight to the nightclubs (Flaine for instance). Fireworks at midnight and the open air party on the snow front like Valloire and Valmeinier appear to do is perfect.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Go to La Tania, you'll get two New Year's fireworks displays there...

One at midnight for the French, and another at 1am for the British New Year. Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
And free full English breakfast if you're still standing at 4am Cool
snow report
Je suis un Skieur wrote:
And free full English breakfast if you're still standing at 4am Cool

Oh Christ; that sounds the sort of challenge my teens would feel the need to rise to rolling eyes snowHead Laughing
snow conditions
I tried it once, got to about 3.15am and just had to go... oh, the shame Embarassed
snow conditions
Andorra was fun when I was younger. Cheap beer and a Spanish attitude to partying. I seem to remember hitchhiking to clubs which seemed to be normal in the evenings.....
latest report
For something a bit less insane, there's a good fireworks display on the lake at Zell am See and then 3 floors of partying and live music at Villa Crazy Daisy.

It's certainly no Folie Douce, but even as teens, our kids liked it. Not so sure what I'll make of the Bruck'n'Stadl this year Confused
snow report
@swoafs, I think I'd be choosing my skiing first ... was not terribly impressed with Valmeinier* - it's not huge.

* although I only did one night and day and was somewhat hungover on the day. But it really isn't huge ...

My point being that everywhere will have some sorts of celebrations. So I'd choose based on the skiing, not New Year's eve. I would watch out (for the teens) that many French bars and nightclubs charge for admission and pre-sell tickets ...
ski holidays
@swoafs, the midnight fireworks and party in Verbier’s place centrale is legendary
https://www.skiinluxury.com/blog/new-year-in-verbier/
snow report
Bread and dripping, an’ tell ‘em to be grateful.
ski holidays
Klamm Franzer wrote:
Andorra was fun when I was younger. Cheap beer and a Spanish attitude to partying. I seem to remember hitchhiking to clubs which seemed to be normal in the evenings.....

It’s still similar. The number of thumbs on show has dramatically increased over the past couple of weeks. The partying tends to be South American rather than Spanish though.
latest report
Les Gets usually has a decent show on and last time I was there free gluwein which after about 5 cups I was delightfully refreshed
snow report
Kitzbuhel - spent many of my formative teenage years vomiting outside the Londoner - great times. Zell am See also a viable alternative - its a 'working' town so is always lively year round . . .will be reliving my youth there this season - its also snowing heavily as we speak!

If they've got fake IDs and are confident / you want to splurge then also recommend Vail, USA. I spent a considerable amount of time under a cocktail of illegal substances at 18-20yrs old both on and off the slopes . . . . . . .perhaps not my proudest moments but certainly my most hedonistic/heinous - my parents didn't know I existed at the time (may be a good or bad thing depending on your viewpoint)!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy