Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

'Leccy cars...

Poster: A snowHead
Getting ahead of myself a touch, but does anyone know if there are any Electric Vehicle Charging Points in Val Thoren?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Plugshare is a good app for France. Shows one type 2 charger at the visitor centre in VT. By the time you've got back down to Moutiers you will have produced many kW in regen I suspect so won't need to get it full up in VT. We shall be taking our EV to Val D'Isere in March and don't plan to charge up in resort.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks will take a look... reckon from Hamshire via eurotunnel looking at 3 charges on the way there, once plans get firmed up I'll look at likely target towns for charging
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Having a hybrid and my experience more than 1/2 of charging points simply don't work. Crying or Very sad

Not sure if one could find out in advance if they actually work? Puzzled
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Apparently the Audi app pulls lots of different european providers together into one place, but I haven't got it yet so don't know if it includes 'status'...

I think my plan will be to have Plan A and Plan B stops, in "areas" that have relatively high numbers of chargers. Not likely to go until Jan'23 so hopefully les espaces will have them in (€s v convenience, obviously...)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@EarthWindandWater, When we get a full e car we will probably be mostly charging down the valley in Sallanches Carrefour (when not plugged in in the garage). The charging points in Chamonix seem to be very €€€ and usually occupied.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
under a new name wrote:
@EarthWindandWater, The charging points in [insert resort of choice here] seem to be very €€€ and usually occupied.

This is what I was expecting. Bresse, Annecy or Albertville seem to offer good options for "final push" charging. The normally on-point viamichelin.fr hasn't got EVCPs as a map layer... yet!!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Since Val Thorens requires all cars to be in underground carparks it should start installing chargers in them, slow ones would be fine.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rjs wrote:
slow ones would be fine.

If I bung the UCPA €30 will they let me run an extension cable out the window to the car park, do you think?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@EarthWindandWater, Beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rjs wrote:
... it should start installing chargers in them...

From their parking website, looks like they have already Very Happy bring on next year!
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
under a new name wrote:
@EarthWindandWater, When we get a full e car we will probably be mostly charging down the valley in Sallanches Carrefour (when not plugged in in the garage). The charging points in Chamonix seem to be very €€€ and usually occupied.

There are quite a few free, and some others free with parking around Chamonix, they are not well know and not well signposted and I am not posting them on here either....but if you need them, ask
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@Idris, thank you, but keep them to yourself. Im hoping by the time i get that way infrastructure will have caught up =0)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'll be sticking with my V10 for a little while longer, super unleaded is far easier to come by. I'll eventually have to sucumb kicking and screaming no doubt. lol
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Drifting a bit geographically, the Austrian infrastructure looks good. There are many charging points in ski lift car parks, and the Kitzbuhel piste map is now marking them (though it's already out of date), and a fair amount of accommodation also has charging points for guests
snow conditions
Thanks @viv, my post was because we're planning a 'boys' trip next year to VT, but depending on how the family trip to Kuhtai goes this year, and how COVID affects crossing of borders, driving to AUT could be a more regular thing for us
snow conditions
We're intending to drive out to Austria for April this year in an electric car, and if that happens I'll post about how it goes
snow conditions
Go to GoogleMaps, zoom in to Val Thoren, open the "Search" menu and type in "Charging".
(hopefully this link will work)
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Tesla+Destination+Charger/@45.2968756,6.5793319,17z/data=!4m9!1m2!2m1!1scharging!3m5!1s0x4789868a6df7b5c5:0xea780a227b9eae29!8m2!3d45.298439!4d6.5856769!15sCghjaGFyZ2luZ5IBIWVsZWN0cmljX3ZlaGljbGVfY2hhcmdpbmdfc3RhdGlvbg

It shows that there are a handful of Tesla Destination Charge points and also something called "Mini Val Thorens Charging Station".
snow report
Thanks @jamescollings, I'll take a look.

Just need the car now, its (hoefully) on order but who knows what the lead times going to be... rolling eyes
snow report
hahaha. I have a hybrid, and while i've done some searching for suitable plug-in points I'm not reliant on the 'leccy to keep moving.
I have already noticed that the Val-D'isere underground parking has plug-in points that appear to be free
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Electric+Vehicle+Charging+Station/@45.4490984,6.9772332,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipOo5l8YvBxdza3f3NuVGowazR9W5MwcFL0U4lBI!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOo5l8YvBxdza3f3NuVGowazR9W5MwcFL0U4lBI%3Dw203-h270-k-no!7i2736!8i3648!4m9!1m2!2m1!1scharging!3m5!1s0x47890be95380f3e1:0x104e7a9974f3e33c!8m2!3d45.449094!4d6.977241!15sCghjaGFyZ2luZ5IBIWVsZWN0cmljX3ZlaGljbGVfY2hhcmdpbmdfc3RhdGlvbg

if the picture doesn't show properly... the sign says:
Emplacements reserves pour vehicules electrique
Service Gratuit de rechargement

The charging box has the EVlink logo on it
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy