Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Champoluc query

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a good affordable accommodation option in Champoluc. I'm looking at good deal on flights to Turin for 7 days out Jan 29th. We are a group of 3, 1 beginner and two intermediates, with a possibility of a beginner joining us to make 4.

I'd like to be located reasonably close to lift for the mornings (walkable)

Alternatively if a mixed ability small group are better heading elsewhere id appreciate any guidance.

Thanks

Landers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you taken a look at what is available via Sunweb. Nb their prices include lift passes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wouldn't recommend Champoluc for such a group. It's not beginner friendly, relatively speaking.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
We love monterosa but are staying in gressony this year; from champoluc there’s a horrible section on steep narrow red, often icy, that’s unavoidable if you want to venture beyond the main gondola. It’s not long but enough for us to want to swerve it and stay elsewhere. The pistes above gressony from frachey side are very enjoyable and suited to beginners.
No night life to speak of really though. We’ve got a good half board deal at chalet hotel du lys by going direct to the hotel to book.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I too love monterosa but can see the choke point above champoluc being an issue.

Can you not get a bus up to the funicular at frachey?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Yes you can but OP looking for walking distance to lift Eh oh!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Pila would be a good choice. Lots of lovely cruisey reds, a few more challenging runs & enough good blue slopes for beginners. I’ve used the ski school for the odd private lesson & was very impressed. Most hotels are in spitting distance of a lift. Unless going down to Aosta, the only non chair lift lift is the telecabin up to the wide blue area, Grimod, so no drag lifts to contend with.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Riccardo, oh I don't know about that, Mrs U and her gang all learned there, she's not a bad skier ...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
hotelrestaurantstellaalpina.com looks like a frachey friendly option
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
under a new name wrote:
@Riccardo, oh I don't know about that, Mrs U and her gang all learned there, she's not a bad skier ...

I'm not saying you can't learn to ski there, I'm saying there are better places to learn if you have the option of going pretty much anywhere. Would I be right in thinking Mrs U didn't select Champoluc as somewhere to learn because of it's suitability for beginners?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Riccardo, I would agree with you on both points. She learned there as her dad came from there, etc. wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy