Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

????Italy vaccine/booster validity 120 days to avoid self isolation if close contact

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm getting increasing baffled by the ever changing and conflicting information so am fully prepared to be told I am wrong but . . . on many sites including .gov.uk there is now information that anyone counted as a close covid contact in Italy needs to self isolate unless fully vaccinated or recovered within 120 days. It is also being reported that 120 days is the validity for the booster in this case. As someone who had a booster in October, mine will be out of date by my trip date.

For example, on gov.uk in the bit about close contact:
'If you do not have symptoms AND more than 120 days ago either (a) completed a full course of vaccination OR (b) received a booster, OR (c) recovered from COVID-19, you must self-isolate for 5 days. You must produce a negative PCR or lateral flow test on day 5 to be released from self-isolation'

Given high rates in Italy and the UK I think there is a reasonable chance of there being someone with covid on the plane so having got this far and jumped through all the hoops to get our teen double jabbed in time it looks like we will need to consider whether we are able to go as very high risk to get there and then be 'pinged' by whatever the Italian track and trace equivalent is. Sad Sad Sad I don't want to spend the whole holiday in isolation! Happy to take some risks of travel in a pandemic but this seems to be a high one and one we can't mitigate against unless we drive because even if we are vigilant with mask wearing etc on plane it makes no difference if I am officially told to isolate.

If anyone can point me to an official source that says I have understood this wrong I would be delighted! Clutching at straws here but if my booster is out of date, then many Italians must also be out of date too and affected by this and I don't think they have moved on to 4th boosters yet.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have a look at this page. It mentions 6 months validity from last dose from 1st Feb

https://italygreenpass.com/faq/
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@bastathecat, I can see your point - but given that everyone on that plane has has to provide a negative PCR/LFT to get on, the chances of catching it must be tiny. Incubation period for Covid is 4 to 5 days, so by the time anyone infected, has felt ill, gone for a PCR test and the authorities find your PLF to contact you, I would think that you and your family would be on the plane home..

I shall be wearing a FPF2 mask on my journey next just in case !

And then, just what is classed as a close contact??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks all. Some clarification on the ministero della salute website (including the definition of a close contact on a plane/train etc which they define as two seats in any direction - just in case anyone interested). Also other criteria but those ones avoidable.

It seems (from ministero della salute) that the 120 days is for vaccines 1 and 2 but not booster but interestingly the actual text of the decree doesn't clarify this. Fingers crossed the ministero della salute is correct!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy