Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ESF Lessons

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I’m after a bit of advice about ESF lessons. I haven’t skied for around 13 years and prior to that I’ve skied about 5 weeks in total - I was ok on easier reds. I was looking for a couple of private lessons, but we’ve been unable to get any to fit around the kids lessons. I’m now looking to book group lessons and given it’s been so long, I was looking at level 2 (I’m not feeling too confident). My question is, if it does all come back to me, will ESF move me to a different level post day 1? We’re heading to Flaine, if anyone knows of any other options I’d also be grateful. Thanks in advance!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
My advice - I would book with ESI (max 9 people), rather than the ESF: https://esi-grandmassif.com/flaine-fr/produits/accueil-adultes.html The ESI may even be able to give you Private lessons at a time that suits.

It's a long time since I have had group lessons - but when I did, you were put into very rough groups and there was an initial assessment to "fine tune" group allocation. In any case, I would expect that if you are at the wrong level, you will be moved (provided there is room). You can also request to be moved.

I would be surprised if it doesn't come back to you better than you think.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ESF is not one ski school.
Each ESF is an independent workers cooperative with the tone being set the director of each school, so what people experience in ESF in a given resort, will not be the same in another resort.
They share teaching methods & merchandising but how it's delivered will vary.
The other big factor is if you are going in school holidays or not, but generally it's the kids groups that re full not the adult ones.
It's down to the instructor as to whether you will change groups, but if there is space, then in the 3 ESF I have experienced they will move people between groups, as nobody really gains when people are clearly in the wrong group.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you both very much. Fingers crossed it will all come back!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy