Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Swiss Air Ski baggage allowance

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I saw previous posts about this from 2018 but have yet to come up with a clear answer and would appreciate some help.

Based on the content on this page: https://www.swiss.com/gb/en/customer-support/faq/sports-equipment

You are allowed to take 3 items:

* 23kg Checked Baggage
    * Hand luggage
    * Ski Equipment / Snowboard Equipment

Can someone confirm? Or is it that the ski/snowboard equipment would be the checked baggage instead?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@korv, welcome to snowHeads.
As long as you are not on the cheapest lite fares (i.e. you have economy classic or higher) then your skis/board and boots are in addition to a checked bag.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks @mgrolf! Exactly what I hoped to hear.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I (well junior) has always taken skis and a separate boot bag on Lufthansa (as well as a suit case) and I imagine Swiss policy is identical as they are both Star Alliance.

EDIT: So 3 items in the hold (and his 2 laptop bags)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It says ski equipment and that includes a separate boot bag, if needed. I have flown Swiss many times with no quibbling over size or weight of ski bag etc.

(PS - Swissair went bust in 2002, although SWISS hold the rights to the name as required!)
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Flown Swiss with 1x checked bag + my ski case in the past, and in fact be doing it again around this time tomorrow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy