Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Non skiing activities in Flachau and surrounding area

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are going to Flachau at half term, staying in Radstadt but most of our skiing will be in Flachau and maybe a day or two in Schladming. My mum fell and broke her shoulder at Christmas and now can’t ski. She is still coming with us but probably not having a lift pass (she might get round trip passes on a couple of days and come have lunch with us) so I’m looking for ideas of things she can do while we are skiing. We’ve been skiing in that area for 30 odd years but never done anything apart from ski so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of things to fill her days! She doesn’t drive, usually likes to walk a lot but is being a lot more cautious at the moment. We are already going to therme amade one afternoon for my daughter’s birthday. All ideas and suggestions appreciated!!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Skimama, I was going to suggest the therme. There isn't really anything in flachau. Train from radstadt to salzburg?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
These questions about "activities for non skiers" are always difficult without knowing the person and what "activities" they do normally. My Mum came on a group holiday to Les Gets with us once - we had a 6 bedroom self-catering chalet and she had one bedroom for herself. She enjoyed reading, and did a lot, being unable to go out under her own steam. She also made herself coffees and teas and gins and tonics and baked cakes for when we all got home from skiing. And did crosswords. They were exactly the "activities" she did at home. She greatly enjoyed the evenings when the rest of us took it in turns to make supper for the 11 of us and played games and drank lots of wine. That was an extra "activity" as she lived alone. In a hotel, of course, you are a lot more limited. A day trip to Salzburg by train would be great for someone able to travel independently and enjoy it.

With an injury, icy pavements are really no fun - be sure that she has good walking shoes/boots and perhaps get her some crampons (loads available on Amazon). Ski sticks are good for extra security, too.

If she can get up the mountain and sit in a nice restaurant whilst you all go off skiing and join her for coffee/lunch she'd probably enjoy that, with a book to hand.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy