Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Prices on the mountain in Andorra

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know roughly what to budget for a baguette and a drink (coke?) when on the mountains in Andorra? Last time we skied in France we were paying about 15E/day for lunch and I think a can of coke was 5E
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
€3 for a can of coke or €4.50 for a large cup. €3 for a basic ham and cheese baguette (quiet small) or €4 for a nicer one or a cheese and ham toastie. €15 would get you burger chips and a drink I think.
Just remembered I took photos to ask my wife what she wanted

Edit 2 chips are €4.50
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yeah, even though prices on the slopes are inflated, €15 will buy you a real decent lunch.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How much is the beer?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I actually think it's worth splashing out in places like Andorra, gives you a chance to enjoy a special meal you might not choose here. We had an amazing lunch at the Arrosseria Pi de Migdia Restaurant just above El Tarter. 7 courses and a bottle of sparkly for a fraction of the cost of an equivalent meal in the UK.

Good chance to get in the good books...
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@scotspikey, a large beer is roughly €4 around town/villages. On the mountain somewhere between €4 and €6 (I now avoid the place where it cost €6!). A coke is often more expensive than a beer!

@pieman666, where is that?

@skimummk, most places on the mountain are owned by the lift company. Food at the self service places tends to be quite basic and expensive for what you get. Most self service places do have restaurants attached I’ve not really stopped at any of them. There aren’t many independent places but there are by the pistes in Pas and in El Tarter.
I think it’s similar at Pal/Arinsal although the Derby does have a place on the slopes at Arinsal.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
hammerite wrote:

I think it’s similar at Pal/Arinsal although the Derby does have a place on the slopes at Arinsal.

Try the lunch at the El Refugi when at Arinsal. (it's on the other the magic carpets). Good lunches at the lower level and more snack-type food at the upper level. It might be worthwhile to reserve a table if you want lunch inside.

I can also recommend the hot Milka muffins if you want a sweet snack Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@hammerite, that's the hot drink counter at restaurant at the top of the Soldeu gondola.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pieman666, ah, that’s much better stocked than when I was last in there. I ended up with a disappointing slice of lukewarm pizza for €7! Hence why I’ve not returned.

@ysb33r, next time I’m over there, I’ll have a look for El Refugi.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@hammerite, the pictures were taken around 10:30 as it was a very early hot chocolate stop for my wife....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
4 euro for a beer on the mountain? Pretty sure I paid that in Austria a few years ago.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That's really helpful thanks - son and his friends going to Pas de La Casa and the andorratravelservice offer a lift pass/ski hire/lunch package but going by these prices its not worth it - they'll be better with the flexibility as some days they probably won't even get on the slopes by lunchtime lol!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
We bought the lunch add on to the lift pass and wished we hadn't as it does restrict your choice but isn’t bad value I’d you want a snack rather than a nice meal. We just enjoy a good lunch !
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks JD Mark - they won't stop for a full lunch, but the lift pass is dearer on the site that bundles it so they might as well take the cheaper lift pass and just pay cash for lunch - I've told them to save money by taking a picnic - but I can't see that happening lol!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy