Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel help: Bormio IT -> Morzine FR

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I’m tearing my hair out trying to figure out a way to get from Bormio in Italy to Morzine in France.

I can’t fly without going via Amsterdam. Two planes to go a few hours by road seems a bit mad.

I could get a transfer to Milan airport, and from there Google gives me a complex series of train transfers taking about 7 hours to get to Cluses train station which becomes road distance to Morzine.

I can drive but a car hire from a nearby train station for 2 hours to get to Morzine is quoting at £625!

This may just be how it is, but does anyone know of other ways to get between nearby alps resorts like this before I commit to the train option? Or any car hire companies that don’t seem to charge silly prices for different end drop off locations in the alps?

Thanks!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you looked at getting the train from Tirano into Switzerland? Get to Geneva by train then pick up a transfer to Morzine.

Or train Tirano - Milan - Aosta, bus Aosta - Chamonix, train Chamonix - Le Fayet - Cluses, bus Cluses - Morzine.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@acrim, can you not get a taxi from the station to morzine for a lot less than car hire?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@acrim, I think you'll find there are some topographical obstacles ...

Car rentals are nuts now and they never like cross border rentals (why would they?) - they have to pay someone to drive the car back across the border ...

rome2rio is usually a good step for a hint.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Train to Geneva and shared transfer into town. Easy.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
break the trip down, so instead of A to B, look at other routes.
If you can get to Landquart CH, you can get a train to Geneva via Zurich.
Long trip either way, but I guess the less changes the better.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nadenoodlee wrote:
Train to Geneva and shared transfer into town. Easy.

This - train from Milan Central to Geneva with no changes, out to the airport and get a bus or shared transfer to Morzine.
I used to do Montreux to Milan direct a number of years ago, the train came from Geneva.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy