Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any solo skiers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

None of my family or friends ski, which means I go alone. I like chalets cause I get to meet people and I usually manage to get someone to ski with in the chalet. The problem is booking.

As most companies prices are based on 2 sharing, they want to charge double, or a supplement for under occupancy. This means I have to wait till the last minute to see if I can get a deal and this isn't always successful.

I'm a fairly good skier and like to ski all day to make the most of my ski pass. I'm not really into apres ski and prefer to relax in the evenings. The company I usually go with is Ski Beat. Used to go with Ski Total, but they've been taken over by Inghams.

I live about 15 minutes from Gatwick.

Is there anyone out there in the same situation who would like to join up to improve their opportunities.

Cheers,
Kevin.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not really the place, this is for technical stuff to do with the forum, you'd have a better response in The Piste section.

But, lots of us, some pair up for their own trips but many (like myself) prefer the bashes which are organised by admin. Think of it as a mate organising a trip, but he's also bringing 50 or 100 other mates. Check the Snow Events section for a bit of a flavour
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kevheadbanger wrote:
Hi,

None of my family or friends ski, which means I go alone. I like chalets cause I get to meet people and I usually manage to get someone to ski with in the chalet. The problem is booking.

As most companies prices are based on 2 sharing, they want to charge double, or a supplement for under occupancy. This means I have to wait till the last minute to see if I can get a deal and this isn't always successful.

I'm a fairly good skier and like to ski all day to make the most of my ski pass. I'm not really into apres ski and prefer to relax in the evenings. The company I usually go with is Ski Beat. Used to go with Ski Total, but they've been taken over by Inghams.

I live about 15 minutes from Gatwick.

Is there anyone out there in the same situation who would like to join up to improve their opportunities.

Cheers,
Kevin.

Same position as you. Seconded on the recommendation for the bashes. Great VfM and an opportunity to meet loads of people who all ski
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How flexible are you on dates?, A few people are dropping out of the next two bashes forced by Covid. Have a look at the PreBB and BB. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I really cannot recommend the bashes enough. They are great fun. Broad range of abilities and always someone to ski with. snowHead

I'm on the next two - PreBB and the BB. Can't wait. There's about 70 going on the PreBB and about 150 on the BB. If you can't find someone to ski with amongst that lot, there's something wrong. wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Bashes are a good shout, alternatively the link in my signature has a directory of solo ski holidays you can join.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy