Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Stance 88 review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
It’s so nice to actually post about skiing at last. In December 2020 I optimistically splashed out on the above with Shift bindings fitted by spyderjohn. The skis were to replace my old Brahmas which were starting to fall apart. I wanted something a bit lighter and to add Shifts to give me the option of trying some basic touring with all mountain hike and ride (Nordics Strider) boots. Not for the purists of the touring fraternity, but I’m not quite ready to go the whole hog!
I was a bit worried that they might be a bit lightweight and flappy after the Brahmas (I “like a stiff ski” as Mr P would say). Today they got their first full day on the slopes.
So far so good. I’m getting my carving groove back and they hold an edge really well, so I think I can push them a bit harder. I went for the 168 length (I’m 165 tall and around 61kg). Highly recommend them Eh oh! .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nice going Mrs P! I'm also on 88mm skis at the moment (Stöckli) and find them a really nice compromise between hard pistes and chop.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy