Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alternate takes on being safe in the hills….

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am much addicted to Cody Townsend’s Fifty project. He is moving from one of the ‘Line of 20XX’ crew to one of the mature ‘persons of the mountains…’ - in an incredibly impressive way. So it was with some shock and awe that I watched the lovely Norwegian film ‘WAVEY’, only to see a crew which set off too late, knew that they were too late, did not stop to dig a pit, knew that the sun was working its evil on the snowpack, and then nearly were roasted by a slab avalanche. Hmmmm…even the ValaisGrom was tutting throughout, and he’s only 16. So Cody and Bjarne’s SUMMIT FEVER was interesting, both in how the crew there handled objective risk, and then how they too had some very close calls. Each makes interesting watching, and both show the way in which dice can be loaded, by seracs, by cornices, by storms, by human choices, and by solar action. Here they are:

http://youtube.com/v/aaeBN_JYkcA

And

http://youtube.com/v/AvwOJSHSe5I

I know which crew I would rather be with, but boy, there are close shaves all over the place…
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I really really enjoyed the Norwegian film, since it exposed me to a landscape I’ll probably never see. Agree about the avalanche safety though!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Yep they seem to be a nice bunch of people - especially Captain Crocs - he’s got the mix of amazing competence accumulated from experience plus relaxed ability to constantly screw up non-critical things...
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy