Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Under starters orders-who's heading off to France first thing on 14th?

Poster: A snowHead
Just for a laugh.. Will anyone be ahead of us or joining me, Mr P and our dog Spud at Folkestone Eurotunnel terminal at 5.20am tomorrow? Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Perty wrote:
Just for a laugh.. Will anyone be ahead of us or joining me, Mr P and our dog Spud at Folkestone Eurotunnel terminal at 5.20am tomorrow? Very Happy

I reckon you will be taking the Snowheads gold medal tomorrow.

Well done on your swift action. That will take some beating!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Where's the best snow at the moment
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Unfortunately no, Smile Late starter not until Saturday 5:05 am DFDS ferry
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bergmeister wrote:
Perty wrote:

I reckon you will be taking the Snowheads gold medal tomorrow.

Well done on your swift action. That will take some beating!
Fantastic! Have a great time.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Enjoy !!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Perty wrote:

Have a great time and enjoy that lovely house of yours!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I feel positively slow. I'm catching a 6.24am train a week today!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where's the best snow at the moment
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
We'll be on the 11:04 Eurostar! Cool
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Ackie68, Think you can basically pick anywhere in the Alps right now.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
No because the kids are in school and even when they are out of school at half term the A-holes will want my recovered and single jabbed teen (who is not yet elligible for second jab) to pay for and deal with the unnecessary dangly bits of daily testing. So they can stick it.

Sorry. I am mildly irritated having had our NY trip cancelled and now Half term lining up to be the same pile of steaming terd.

That said I hope anyone who is able to get out and dodge the madness has a great trip snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Perty wrote:

1720 flight out of Heathrow tomorrow night.

A bit slack, really…
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Perty, hopefully this means you’ll be updating us with photos of that lovely renovation project of yours?? Laughing
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Inboard, we will have to see whether the mice resumed occupation since Mr P was there at the beginning of December! They wreaked havoc in just 10 weeks after our previous visit. We’re not the only ones who’ve had a big problem this autumn/winter. Friends had to buy a new fridge after they set up home in the fridge motor and it burned out.
Had we been there since Boxing Day as originally planned, some bigger DIY projects might have been in the agenda, but not now.
@bergmeister will you guys be in VT?
We just took a punt last week and moved the multi amended tunnel booking to the first conceivable day which we thought would be tomorrow. Having said that, come Tuesday we booked a fallback cancellable flexi ticket for Saturday morning too
ski holidays
Perty wrote:
@Inboard,
@bergmeister will you guys be in VT?

Yes! We fly on Saturday Very Happy Very Happy (Jet2 from Newcastle).

At last, following lengthy negotiations, our liftpasses have had their notice of redundancy withdrawn! Very Happy

We will be there for 2 weeks and can't wait.

We looked at various transfer options and have opted for car hire this time. We usually travel with Alpybus but there will be 3 of us for week 1 (our friend travels home after a week) so car hire worked out very reasonably, not least as we booked from the French side of GVA. I was pleasantly surprised by the £129 for 2 weeks rental, albeit with summer tyres and no CH toll sticker rolling eyes . However, for the £330 saving over the Swiss rental price we are more than happy to buy snow chains or socks in Albertville on the way to VT and to drive the "scenic way" (toll free) through Geneva centre wink. The French hire company wanted "only" £350 for winter tyres and £200 for snow chains! Shocked Shocked

The forecast is glorious for the weekend, so it looks like we need concern ourselves (weather-wise) only about the drive back to GVA. We can worry about that nearer the time, however, as the car will be parked for 2 weeks and not moved again before then. wink
snow conditions
andy from embsay wrote:
Perty wrote:

1720 flight out of Heathrow tomorrow night.

A bit slack, really…
Very Happy Very Happy

We will be 12 hours ahead of you. Slackers indeed! wink
ski holidays
Ha! Does it sounds a tad churlish to moan that there is no fresh snow forecast..? (Rhetorical question...yes it does, you ungrateful wretch!). I feel really sorry for those of you who missed your trips over Christmas, are restricted by school holidays, and all the complications of whether or not your kids are considered fully vaxxed by the French.
Mr P tells me we have to get up at 2.30am. Not sure if I'll be doing much sleeping, too excited!
latest report
No, but the £253 crystal trip plagne looks a missed bargain
snow report
Ah you beat us. 6:20 eurotunnel on Saturday morning.
latest report
Currently zooming along past Beaune. It’s been clear and frosty all the way, but a little foggy for the last 40 miles or so. Nothing that slows us down. The roads are pretty quiet. Hardly any U.K. number plates. Perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised. I doubt that there were more than about 30 cars and vans on the 5.20 crossing and we were about the 3rd car off at Calais.

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 14-01-22 20:25; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
@Perty, which 'Statement of honour' form did you use and upload per chance?
ski holidays
@Bergmeister, that's an amazing deal for car hire!
latest report
@Levi215, I think we uploaded to Eurotunnel the Green one, or possibly the Amber one (but even that isn’t quite right as it gives a 48 hour window for pre-departure test). I think I printed a copy of both!My guess is that the options available will be refined on the french gov website shortly if not done by now.

Arrived in St M. We drove through St M before heading to our place. Still a remarkable absence of U.K. cars in the village. I’ve seen 4, including us. Snow on the ground from around Albertville. 3 deg on drive up. Snow a bit crispy at 1450m if it’s seen the sun, but fluffy in the shade. Clear and cold at sunset.

“Tomorrow will be a good day” (Capt Sir Tom Moore)
ski holidays
3 cars on the 05:05 ferry this morning Very Happy
snow conditions
Timc wrote:

6:20 Eurotunnel being loaded as we speak. Plenty of peeps in the car park in ski jackets, so wondering if there’s another Snowhead
snow report
Just at Dover waiting to board DFDS. Two cars in front, nothing behind. French border folk only wanted passports and proof of test documentation (phone). Asked if we were vaccinated, but did not check.
ski holidays
Just past Troyes. Beautiful sunny drive. Temperature staying around 0c. More English on the road than last August. Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Lucywuk wrote:
Timc wrote:

6:20 Eurotunnel being loaded as we speak. Plenty of peeps in the car park in ski jackets, so wondering if there’s another Snowhead

Pretty sure my parents were on that one. We go tomorrow, hopefully that gives them time to take our skis to get them ready for us!
latest report
mah wrote:
Lucywuk wrote:
Timc wrote:

Pretty sure my parents were on that one. We go tomorrow, hopefully that gives them time to take our skis to get them ready for us!

It’s a fab journey. 1.5 hours of fog and mist. Then bright sunshine and blue skies. An eta in 4 hours as there’s a bit of traffic round Lyon and chambery
latest report
10 ks out from Saint Maurice, here I come!
snow report
irishz wrote:
10 ks out from Saint Maurice, here I come!

Whoop
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy