Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Masks in Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I understand that we are expected to wear valveless FFP2 masks whilst going about your business but do we know if the KN95 standard is acceptable. From what I can gather they're the same as FFP2 albeit the Chinese version.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A work colleague of mine is currently in Zell am See, he’s saying ski buses and restaurants etc. are on the ball regarding the correct masks but once you’re past the bottom station and onto the mountain everything changes, as long as you have “something” covering your mouth and nose it’s all pretty chilled out.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If it looks like a FFP2 you'll be fine as no-one looks that closely and as that's what everyone has as standard no-one would expect it to be otherwise. If you're worried about getting hold of some, wait 'til you get here as they cost cents in the supermarkets (obviously you'll need 1 for the plane/exiting airport/getting into the supermarket mind).
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The official line is that they are not the same and the FFP2 specs in English for Austria are here

https://www.sozialministerium.at/dam/jcr:c22a8859-78aa-47cc-85a4-8d7a5ff5834d/210223_Coronavirus_FFP2-Maske_EN_PDFua.pdf

From another source: "N95 masks receive this CDCertification in the US and, as such, are not certified in Europe"

How tightly and consistently it is monitored who knows, but for the price of a few cents not having that big CE stamp, is it really worth the risk? It's a tiny cost of the overall trip.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The bottom of that PDF reads:

The following standards are regarded as at least equivalent: FFP3 (Europe), N95 (NIOSH-42C FR84, USA), P2 (AS/NZ 1716:2012, Australia/New Zealand), KF94 (Korea 1st Class KMOEL-2017-64), DS (Japan JMHLW-Notification 214,2018), KN95 (GB2626-2006, China)

That means they are equivalent or better.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm in Obergurgl at the moment and the FFP2 is definitely the required standard as there are posters in the village highlighting this and at the main lift station. We purchased ours from Amazon on a next day delivery basis, they came in a box of twenty with a colour choice of black or white.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
In a week here in St Anton, I have not observed anybody being too fussed about the mask standard. It seems that if the mask looks about right, and is worn, then that is sufficient.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No one is reading the text on them, some of the masks I have bought here are marked KN95.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy