Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

help

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
need to find a resort that fits following criteria..... i usually go to tignes but doesnt tick the boxes.....

self catering
dog friendly
small ski area not bothered steep etc as will have two young kids
closer to calais the better....

cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
La Clusaz is a bit closer to Calais than some other French resorts, and this site seems to list plenty of pet friendly self catering accommodation.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
cheer alastair, ive got that resort on my list wink thanks for the link i will check it out
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
anything along the maurienne valley for 'small'
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This is possibly the least informative thread title in the history of Snowheads. Les Saisies would fit the bill. 67 kms closer, according to google maps. Far too dog friendly for my liking, like most French resorts.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

This is possibly the least informative thread title in the history of Snowheads

@pam w, Challenge accepted Toofy Grin
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
St Francoise Langchamp, linked to Valmorel, decent if not huge area, super kid friendly and easy access from Maurienne valley
if your driving we booked with sunweb or snowtrex (cant remember which) as they include lift passes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Pam w

Agreed

While I have been criticised (rightly) for left field titling, I was amused by ‘help’.

I immediately thought of and mentally pictured alternative scenarios:

Help … I am stuck in the toilet of the top restaurant at La Plagne
Help … I have just put a core shot in one ski
Help … my partner refuses to let more kit in the house
Help … our Government is imploding
Help … my dog ate my Zipfits
Help … how do I write meaningful and discriminating thread titles
Help … I don’t know where I am, and I’m in a whiteout…somewhere

Etc
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@valais2, you missed the obvious

Help... I need somebody
Help... not just anybody
Help... you know I need someone, heeeeelllllp

or the more esoteric

Help, i'm trapped running on an endless wheel making this stupid website work while idiots bicker endlessly **Service_Hamster_1695** :ham:
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
RS - excellent!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There are a number of small ski areas in north west Germany eg https://www.willingen.de/themen/wintersport/wintersport.html . Small, kid & dog friendly, lot nearer to Calais than the alps but not quite so snow sure....
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Avoriaz, with just the local area pass?

Plenty of dog poo everywhere back in Dec. so certainly not dog-adverse.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mr.Egg wrote:
anything along the maurienne valley for 'small'

This! Our first two trips with the kids were to Aussois. Cheap ski in / ski out accommodation at bottom of piste. Most runs let back to same point and no way to ski into wrong valley etc so second time we were happy enough to let our then 10 year old ski just with her friend some of the time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy