Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Komperdell Carbon Pole Handle Removal

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hope someone can help. I have inherited a pair of Salomon ‘Scream’ branded ski poles that I need to shorten. I believe that these thin carbon poles were produced by Komperdell for Salomon. I am having great problems removing the handles having tried soaking them in boiling water, etc.
The handles are made of two different materials, the majority being a soft rubber type material that appears to come away from the shaft fairly easily but the very top 30mm is hard plastic and will not budge. It has a small hole running through it which I first thought was to fit an Allen key but no luck there. There appears to be a hollow pin that goes all the way through and I have tried to drift this out but with limited success not wanting to break anything.
Any ideas as to how to remove these handles?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Sonic the Skier, the hollow pin i am assuming is near the top and goes side to side through the handle, probably just secures the strap,

we used to remover them frequently on alloy and fibre poles, sometimes they may be glued, but if not

have some hold the pole handle down but at waist height , a set of pipe grips around the pole shaft witha cloth to stop and markign smack the pipe grips hard with a hammer and the handle should pop right off (well they always used to)
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Colin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sonic the Skier wrote:
Hope someone can help. I have inherited a pair of Salomon ‘Scream’ branded ski poles that I need to shorten. I believe that these thin carbon poles were produced by Komperdell for Salomon. I am having great problems removing the handles having tried soaking them in boiling water, etc.
The handles are made of two different materials, the majority being a soft rubber type material that appears to come away from the shaft fairly easily but the very top 30mm is hard plastic and will not budge. It has a small hole running through it which I first thought was to fit an Allen key but no luck there. There appears to be a hollow pin that goes all the way through and I have tried to drift this out but with limited success not wanting to break anything.
Any ideas as to how to remove these handles?

Don't use a hot air gun and remove the tips. They are generally held on with hot melt glue. Noting that you can get replacement tips for a lot of ski poles.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy